The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite for long time

Van40

Were going to critcize and be hard on our team, but how do we actually fare up against the rest of the league?

We have an elite team and its going to stay that way for at least another 5 years imo. Here's why I think why:

Sedins are first line fwds for another 2 years minimum. Then Kes, Kassian, Jensen, Horvat etc will step up.

One of the BEST defences in the league. With torts running the show, eddy and bieksa are going to turn around their games. People also forget we had no Chris Tanev in the playoffs.

Just mentioned this but John Tortorella is the head coach and he's an aggressive minded guy. No more of the laid back persona.

Were set for another cup run and were almost locked and loaded. Our prospects are bound to push for roster spots and the whole team will be playing harder cause of Torts. Eddys a 50 point type guy stop trading him away in every proposal. Look at our team from a rivals point of view and were in thr upper echelon of league. Lets go canucks!

I to beloeve that many canucks fans are too negative towards our current roster. If one or two of our prospects could make the jump we're in a good position to make a run for the cup. I think Gaunce and Corrado will make the team. If we're "lucky" Jensen might take a top 6/9 role on this team.

And I really belive Torts will make this team better than last season, sometimes a change in personell could make a huge impact.

My only worry is Luongo, will he make the decision to play and if Luongo makes the decision will he play as well as we all expect him to do?

The way Kesler plays and his history of injuries, he actually might be done before the Sedins.

As of now, Jensen is looking more like a bust than a top 6 forward (still really early, but right now he's just another Grabner).

That leaves all our hope on Gaunce and Horvat. While they have the potential to be great players, they aren't viewed as potential 90 pts players. More like Brown, Kesler, etc, so 60-70 pts players. If you think we need scoring now, wait till the Sedins leaves.

Anyway there is no way to predict what this team will look like beyond 2 years from now. Heck, we can't even know for sure what we'll look like this year.

The way Kesler plays and his history of injuries, he actually might be done before the Sedins.

As of now, Jensen is looking more like a bust than a top 6 forward (still really early, but right now he's just another Grabner).

That leaves all our hope on Gaunce and Horvat. While they have the potential to be great players, they aren't viewed as potential 90 pts players. More like Brown, Kesler, etc, so 60-70 pts players. If you think we need scoring now, wait till the Sedins leaves.

Anyway there is no way to predict what this team will look like beyond 2 years from now. Heck, we can't even know for sure what we'll look like this year.

Archived