The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fukushima Has Been Leaking Radioactive Water Into the Pacific for Two Years Straight. (Chernobyl's Leak Lasted 2 Weeks)

TOMapleLaughs

Comparing Fukushima to Chernobyl is idiotic. Fukushima is a leak. A crack in the containment vessel caused by 2 "beyond design basis" events: the earthquake and subsequent Tsunami. Chernobyl was a full on meltdown and explosion that blew the 150 ton roof off of the containment vessel caused by a combination of multiple human errors and multiple mechanical failures.

Chernobyl is 90 miles north of Kiev, the city that received the power it generated. A city very close in size to Vancouver. Fun fact: the initial design of the Chernobyl plant had it located within the city limits of Kiev. The nuclear scientists had to do a lot of talking to get them to build it further away for safety reasons.

My concern is people gaining superpowers from the radiation. I've been working out a lot lately but I just couldn't compete with someone that received extra powers by being exposed to this runoff.

Archived