The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Not sure if any of you guys can help..

So I'm thinking of saving up for a PS4 and I might download the NFL Sunday Ticket app that's available on the Playstation Store. Just wondering how much the subscription is cuz clearly, Google isn't helping me since the answer is only for US residents.

Also wondering for NHL Gamecenter Live although it seems like on NHL Gamecenter, it's a lot smoother and easier to understand.

A bit of another dry spell for new PS4 games for me. Several of the games I bought last year were just for the sake of something new to play on it

A bit of another dry spell for new PS4 games for me. Several of the games I bought last year were just for the sake of something new to play on it

Bloodborne?

Im downloading that one really soon. Still happy with GTA 5, Destiny and Sunset Overdrive but once I'm done school Im downloading Bloodborne.

Edited by Xbox

I've done that with a few games on the PS4. Gaming in general hasn't interested me a ton...it really depends on the game.

Dying Light I bought....got bored after like 3 play sessions. Traded it in and put the money towards Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is awesome. Whenever I have like an hour to spare I'll load it up. It's great with that suspend feature now on the PS4 though, where you put it into Rest Mode and you can just automatically have the game loaded the next time you turn the PS4 on.

Shadow of Mordor I played for a few weeks, never beat it and I haven't touched it since.

CoD: Advanced Warfare I played online for a few weeks, and haven't touched it since.

Same thing with Destiny...except Destiny I probably played for like a month and a half.

Dragon Age I played for a long time. I probably have 80+ hours into that game. I still never beat the main story but I do plan on getting around to doing it. I loved that game.

GTA will be GTA. I go on every once in awhile online with some buddies. Even with heists though i just don't get too drawn to it.

Bloodborne isn't really my thing.

I've been playing NHL online with some buddies a couple nights a week, and while it's fun, I'm starting to get bored of it.

I played through Resident Evil Revelations 2 and now I have nothing to play on PS4 save for the AW single player and I'm not in the mood for that either.

First world problems :lol:

If anyone's interested later this year we should expect to see Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live. I for one am pretty pumped about both, but am looking more forward to Rock Band 4 because I love playing the game on drums compared to on a guitar or singing on a mic.

Just wish they'd make a DJ Hero 3 as that's my favourite music based video game.

Finally got one. Well good thing i kept my ps3. Its got all my mp3s on it that i use to play geets with. Can't even play cd's on ps4 that's straight up lame. I don't need a music sub. Service, i make my own music. Other day than that its a great system.

And if anyone has a problem with super low download speed try using Google's dns servers. A 4gb update patch for gta was going to take 24hrs. I thought I'd look online and couldnt find anything except this one forum post. I switched and it downloads in minutes. I bought fifa and it downloaded in a hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Gran Turismo 6 for PS4 worth getting? Watching reviews for it on PS3 and the graphics look terrible. It's like they went back 10 years. Also, looooots of people bitching about the sound.

I have GT4 that I loved but I guess I can't actually play it on PS4.

I've read that gt6 was so bad becuase it was difficult to develop due to the new engine. They spent next to no time on graphics and the rest becuase of it.

Pretty sure Gran Tourismo 6 is only a PS3 game. For PS4 you will have to wait for Gran Tourismo 7. Hopefully it will be good.

Too bad. It was sounding like you could get for PS4.. just hadn't been released yet (2013)

You can play older gen games on PS4 right? If you buy them from PS store? I'll get #4 again I guess. Looking for something new to play. Only got two games so far :lol:

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

in disc form the PS4 is not backwards compatible. And to play older games on the PS4 you have to subscribe to Playstation Now, where you rent games. Gran Tourismo is not one of the games. I think there is a monthly fee where you can choose from just over 100 games for the fee, otherwise, the good games are for rental, where I think you can rent for a couple of hours to a couple of days. I don't subscribe to Now, only PS+ so I am not 100% sure

If you feel like playing Gran Turismo, then grab Drive Club. It had it's long horrible slide out of the gates at release day, and for awhile after that, but it's running pretty great now and the bugs have been removed. At least from what I've heard, it's awesome now. I haven't played it in awhile though, but I probably should.

DriveClub:

hu6FVXH.jpg

5ihAgpO.jpg

Either that, or wait for Project CARS which comes out next week.

Edited by DollarAndADream

• 2 weeks later...