The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

On 4/9/2016 at 10:26 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Hello console peasants.  PC master race member here.  

The site where I buy my computer parts from (Newegg) is offering 2 PS4 games for free.  They're  $20 for both.  Then there's a $20 mail-in rebate.

I have no idea if they're any good, but free is free.

Newegg Link

You haven't heard of Destiny before? O.O 

29 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Enjoy NHL 2004, you won't find Sam Reinhart or Jack 'Joffrey' Eichel in the game though.:emot-parrot:

That is the only thing that I miss for the PC and pretty much the only thing imo that gives consoles a specific bragging right against the PC.  The PC sorely lacks in quality sports games and unfortunately I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Thanks to you, I am now going to see Joffrey in my mind's eye every other time I look at Jack Eichel from now on... Ugggh!  :lol:

4 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

That is the only thing that I miss for the PC and pretty much the only thing imo that gives consoles a specific bragging right against the PC.  The PC sorely lacks in quality sports games and unfortunately I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Thanks to you, I am now going to see Joffrey in my mind's eye every other time I look at Jack Eichel from now on... Ugggh!  :lol:

It sucks I know.  Honestly the only difference between console and pc for me is what hdmi slot they use on my tv.

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

You have to pay for PS Plus? Meaning you have to pay to play online? MGSV has that, I think. Is it the same for GTA?

I think it depends what games they are if they require PS Plus. Like, I'm pretty sure 1st party games like Uncharted that are produced by Sony are good without Plus....or something like DriveClub?

But games like MGSV and GTA you need a Plus membership.

6 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

You have to pay for PS Plus? Meaning you have to pay to play online? MGSV has that, I think. Is it the same for GTA?

Most games need PS+ to play online. There are few exceptions like F2P games. War Thunder, War Frame etc etc. 

17 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not a huge first-person shooter kinda gamer.  There are some that I like but since Destiny never came to the PC, I never played it. 

Destiny itself is quite bad, but yea, you didn't miss much if you dislike FPS. 

On April 12, 2016 at 3:10 AM, crazycry said:

Destiny isn't bad at all, its an amazing game.

It has tons of active players and tons of twitch support (both viewers and streamers) and the game came out in 2014! Every other game from that year is dead. Just because you dont like it, doesn't make it bad. If it was bad, it wouldn't be relevant in 2015 let alone 2016. 

Edited by Xbox

13 hours ago, Xbox said:

Destiny isn't bad at all, its an amazing game.

It has tons of active players and tons of twitch support (both viewers and streamers) and the game came out in 2014! Every other game from that year is dead. Just because you dont like it, doesn't make it bad. If it was bad, it wouldn't be relevant in 2015 let alone 2016. 

The conversation I had with Sabre btw was in regards to Vanilla Destiny being on discount, so maybe read up on that first...Vanilla Destiny wasn't bad by any means,but certainly does have it's flaws. Please don't auto assume I dislike Destiny because I criticize it, I have hundreds of hours sank into it and been with the game since Alpha. 

I would suggest people not to buy Vanilla Destiny since the game requires you to have Taken King to play most of the post game content. 

Edited by crazycry

On 4/12/2016 at 0:10 AM, crazycry said:

Most games need PS+ to play online. There are few exceptions like F2P games. War Thunder, War Frame etc etc. 

Yeah. I'm a little confused regarding MGSV though. Like, you need PS+ to do FOB missions yourself, I think, but you still have your online ranking in those automated battles between FOBs?

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Yeah. I'm a little confused regarding MGSV though. Like, you need PS+ to do FOB missions yourself, I think, but you still have your online ranking in those automated battles between FOBs?

I'm pretty sure that's correct.

I always played MGSV offline though. Didn't want people taking my stuff...

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, crazycry said:

The conversation I had with Sabre btw was in regards to Vanilla Destiny being on discount, so maybe read up on that first...Vanilla Destiny wasn't bad by any means,but certainly does have it's flaws. Please don't auto assume I dislike Destiny because I criticize it, I have hundreds of hours sank into it and been with the game since Alpha. 

I would suggest people not to buy Vanilla Destiny since the game requires you to have Taken King to play most of the post game content. 

My apologies. Im really digging Taken King especially with the last update.