The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

On 2016-06-05 at 11:39 AM, Incursio said:

I picked up the season pass for Wicher 3 the other day. Haven't gotten around to playing either of them yet, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Have any of you guys played either DLC?

Apparently Blood & Wine is &^@#ing amazing. It looks gorgeous and it comes packed with basically another full game.

I would get it, but my craving for Witcher ended months ago. As soon as I beat it, I just didn't care anymore. Maybe I should pick up B&W and my love for it will rise again.

On 6/6/2016 at 11:51 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Apparently Blood & Wine is &^@#ing amazing. It looks gorgeous and it comes packed with basically another full game.

I would get it, but my craving for Witcher ended months ago. As soon as I beat it, I just didn't care anymore. Maybe I should pick up B&W and my love for it will rise again.

lol, do you understand how win/losses/draws are determined? I'm getting &^@#ing killed now by way lesser opponents. It's like it's bugged. 8 draws in a row - lost the short league and claimed a microscopic 58 points... taking me two weeks to break 10k points and that's not enough to buy anything decent.

On 6/6/2016 at 11:51 PM, DollarAndADream said:

The same thing happened with me. I beat it, and then never went back to it. One of my buddies has been raving about how good the DLCs are, so I bought the season pass for $25

Overwatch has taken over my gaming life though, so I still haven't played Witcher again

4 hours ago, Incursio said:

The same thing happened with me. I beat it, and then never went back to it. One of my buddies has been raving about how good the DLCs are, so I bought the season pass for $25

Overwatch has taken over my gaming life though, so I still haven't played Witcher again

It was basically just the abrupt ending of the main game that drew me off. All of your companions are gone, and your castle is empty. It just took away all of the realism, or whatever.

You come back after winning a war....and your castle is empty, with Yennefer, Triss, and Ciri nowhere to be seen. I was just like...well &^@# this.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It was basically just the abrupt ending of the main game that drew me off. All of your companions are gone, and your castle is empty. It just took away all of the realism, or whatever.

You come back after winning a war....and your castle is empty, with Yennefer, Triss, and Ciri nowhere to be seen. I was just like...well &^@# this.

Exact same thing for me. I just saved the game one more time and turned it off. 

The DLC gives me more story and areas, so now I have a reason to play again

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

k mgsv PF battles are &^@#ed. Does anyone else here play it? Lose/draw every match now. One guy finished with an absurd 63,000 points. Either people are cheating or I'm not getting something.

I stopped playing it awhile ago. I just don't have the commitment to match these other people.

Death Stranding. It's what Kojima and Norman Reedus have been working on since Silent Hills had to be shut down.

Kratos looks odd to me with that scruffy beard, but okay

I thought Infinite Warfare sounded like $&!# after so much futuristic stuff, but this actually looks pretty good

Farpoint looks interesting, but for me it mind be a little overboard with No Man's Sky and Mass Effect coming, although I suppose it'll hold me off for Mass Effect

Spiderman looks interesting. If it's as good as Spider Man 2 was on the PS2, then I'll buy it

Batman VR sounds epic as &^@#

Same goes for Xwing flying

Horizon looks promising

I'm not sure what Death Stranding is going to be like, but Resident Evil 7 sure looks like a successor to PT, the Silent Hills demo.

Detroit, the game after Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. Promising

Last Guardian needs to &^@#ing come out already because I've been waiting years since Shadow of the Colossus....

I actually quite enjoyed the Hawken Early Access on Steam when I played it awhile back, so I wonder how it'll fair on full release.

Battlefield. Enough said.

• Upvote 1

@DollarAndADream (or anyone for that matter)

You mentioned Detroit. I played Heavy Rain, but not Beyond Two Souls. Been thinking of giving BTS a buy over the last several days. Is it worth it? You know, despite Ellen Page being a complete waste of space?

Edited by Monty

On 6/5/2016 at 4:19 PM, Rough Neck said:

Apparently NBA 2K16 is free on Tuesday for the free game of the month! 

Spike Lee ruined this game.  That Livin' da Dream crap is unbearable and completely strips down the Career mode.

I'm glad I got it for free and didn't spend $70 on it.

9 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Spike Lee ruined this game.  That Livin' da Dream crap is unbearable and completely strips down the Career mode.

I'm glad I got it for free and didn't spend $70 on it.

Last one I played was 14. I loved career and did slightly my gm but did enjoy that. I completely agree with you. Spike Lee though ruined my career. I'm investing more time into my gm and probably none into my career 

3 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

Last one I played was 14. I loved career and did slightly my gm but did enjoy that. I completely agree with you. Spike Lee though ruined my career. I'm investing more time into my gm and probably none into my career 

I wish there was just an option to forgo the storyline and get right to the regular Career mode.  How hard would that have been?

Forced into a stupid nickname, not allowing you to become anything more than a bench player your first season, then your team that drafted you releasing you after 1 year is just so stupid.  I got drafted 2nd overall, and preceded to average 12min a game for my rookie season, like what?

Edited by Jägermeister

2 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I wish there was just an option to forgo the storyline and get right to the regular Career mode.  How hard would that have been?

Forced into a stupid nickname, not allowing you to become anything more than a bench player your first season, then your team that drafted you releasing you after 1 year is just so stupid.  I got drafted 2nd overall, and preceded to average 12min a game for my rookie season, like what?

Yeah ita dumb. As far as I know after the first season it just goes I to regular mode. I just wish there was the interactive side to it, but you had more choices. I lost in the finals for college and thought, Hey what's 8 games in college again. I'll decide to go back and win just for fun. Nope sign the agent with the dumbest pitch. It'd be cool if agents had to try and win you over like the colleges did. I like side interactive stories. However, not one that's all pre done and you barely have any say in how either if them go. 

3 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

Yeah ita dumb. As far as I know after the first season it just goes I to regular mode. I just wish there was the interactive side to it, but you had more choices. I lost in the finals for college and thought, Hey what's 8 games in college again. I'll decide to go back and win just for fun. Nope sign the agent with the dumbest pitch. It'd be cool if agents had to try and win you over like the colleges did. I like side interactive stories. However, not one that's all pre done and you barely have any say in how either if them go. 

It does go back to normal, and the mode is really good.  But getting through that first season really put a sour taste in my mouth.  Plus theres something that bugs me about looking at my rookie season stats where my outside shooting SG could only muster 55% on free throws.  Having to sim essentially a full season at ~60OVR is stupid like that.

I agree 100%, I would have enjoyed it a ton if you could make the decision to go back to school, could have made the choices the owner wanted you to make.

Edited by Jägermeister

1 hour ago, Monty said:

@DollarAndADream (or anyone for that matter)

You mentioned Detroit. I played Heavy Rain, but not Beyond Two Souls. Been thinking of giving BTS a buy over the last several days. Is it worth it? You know, despite Ellen Page being a complete waste of space?

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, but actually never really got around to playing BTS. It's probably worth whatever PS3 price it's at right now, but I'm not sure if it's worth the PS4 remaster price. I think with critics is a very hit or miss title, but so was Heavy Rain.

People who are disappointed in that PS conference shouldn't be. They showed a ton. Nobody should really have expected No Man's Sky either. That game is out in 2 months.