The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scrivens or Bernier ?

Neversummer

I think playing behind the stingy LA Kings defense has a *little* to do with that.

I mean, you don't really think Jonathan Quick could maintain the numbers he has in LA on a team like Edmonton, do you?

I call it Brian Elliott syndrome. Looks great behind a great defense, but put him back in Ottawa or on the Panthers and watch the net fill with pucks.

Just looking at the two so far:

Bernier - 17GP, 8-6-2 with 2.33 GAA and .931 SV% at $2.4 mill

Scrivens - 13GP, 6-1-4, with 1.48 GAA and .947 SV% at $625K

Looks like Nonis should have just stayed put on that one. Not really much of an upgrade.

Toronto always has good goalies but there defense is crap so they make them look bad. Look at Rask and Scrivens both look like all star goalies with their respective teams. And with Toronto they sucked. And Bryzgalov to philly looked terrible there. Smith to Yotes went from back up to team Canada invite. Just shows how a good defense can make anyone look good in net.

Toronto always has good goalies but there defense is crap so they make them look bad. Look at Rask and Scrivens both look like all star goalies with their respective teams. And with Toronto they sucked. And Bryzgalov to philly looked terrible there. Smith to Yotes went from back up to team Canada invite. Just shows how a good defense can make anyone look good in net.

In Rask's defense I don't think he ever did actually suit up for the Leafs, so he might have been a catalyst there.

Just looking at the two so far:

Bernier - 17GP, 8-6-2 with 2.33 GAA and .931 SV% at $2.4 mill

Scrivens - 13GP, 6-1-4, with 1.48 GAA and .947 SV% at $625K

Looks like Nonis should have just stayed put on that one. Not really much of an upgrade.

Toronto gives up the most shots against in the league. East is more offensive, and Toronto is not great defensively.

Archived