The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Playoffs Rigged? (Put on Your Tinfoil Hat, We're Going In...)

TOMapleLaughs

You've really got nothing of any use to say anymore, Batmania. I don't think you're part of the braintrust.

I have absolutely nothing against you, but every single one of your posts annoys me. I really don't know why. It's not even just this thread. Every time I read your post, even when I agree with it, I feel annoyed. I don't agree with anything in here though but I'm talking in general.

I have absolutely nothing against you, but every single one of your posts annoys me. I really don't know why. It's not even just this thread. Every time I read your post, even when I agree with it, I feel annoyed. I don't agree with anything in here though but I'm talking in general.
Fine by me as I don't even know who you are, but i find it strange that you're responding to a post directed at another user.

During a time of ongoing losing, CDC tends to get cranky and start turning on each other. Pointing out obvious flaws in the team will either be agreed upon or denied by the blind homers or apologists. I've been on both sides. Been there, done that. When Gillis was first hired, the braintrust then was on perma doom 'n gloom alert and I was like, 'How can it get worse?'

I posted this in another thread:

The 2013-14 Vancouver Canucks Season

(visually described through Jack Torrence gifs.)

Game 1:

4050786355_b2ef15ab34.jpg

Game 21:

4126020976_d0136a5963.jpg

Game 42:

tumblr_lj737jwy8k1qzpkswo1_500.gif

Game 63:

1245060645_shining_jack_nicholson.gif

Game 84:

tumblr_la5v9mZ5Pd1qcr7fqo1_500.gif

Playoffs:

shining%2Bpic%2Bgif.gif

So far, so good. (or bad)

Anyway, as stated in this threads' OP, the Canucks have been benefactors in the past. We went to the finals in just 3 years of Gillis' reign. Now we're in the time for payback.

Don't get me wrong TOML, you usually back up your opinions with facts and I appreciate that, not mad at you in any way, I just get annoyed by your posts even when I agree with them, I think it's the fact your name sounds like the Toronto Maple Leafs. :lol:

As for implying that the Canucks losing has made me turn against you, I assure you, this started long ago I just never voiced my opinion on the matter because I always cared about discussing the topic at hand. However, I'm not one of those "doom and gloom" kind of guys, if you look through my posts I'm usually very positive and try and bring some sense and light to the dark discussions on CDC, but I always forget, that this is... Well... CDC... All subjective though.

• 1 month later...

Coincidence that the leading scorers for all Canadian teams are american and if they aren't that team sucks?

Montreal-Pacioretty

Toronto-Kessel

Ottawa- Ryan

Winnipeg- Wheeler

Vancouver- Kesler

Edmonton- Rebuilding

Calgary- Rebuilding

Two things you can get from this

1. We will suck once kesler is traded

2. The rigging goes into the regular season too

All the winning-capable elite Canadian players have to go down south for the betterment of the league's future.

Iginla remained in Calgary, but Sutter boldly stated that he'd have to do it all by himself, as if that was strategy. Whatever, they have a pre-Bettman cup.

The Canucks haven't had a true Canadian star since... Linden? Oh wait. Bertuzzi. Ouch. He didn't leave on good terms. The WCE was an island.

The Oilers have a handful of potential Canadian stars now, but they can't seem to get it together. That'll likely continue. They were forced to trae Pronger, which would be totally insane to do if they weren't forced. However, don't cry a tear for Edmonton. They stole Gretzky.

The Leafs had Dougie Gilmour, but he inevitably went in favour of Mats Sundin. Now they have the mighty Phil Kessel. This is a winning ability downgrade.

The Senators have Spezza, but meh, the leader was Alfredsson, and Spezza's apparently on the block. So yeah, it will be Bobby Ryan's team soon.

The Jets have Evander Kane and he'll likely be traded soon.

The Habs traded Roy to the Avs shortly after Bettman took over the league. Nice. Soon it became Saku Koivu's team, and now it's gone through Plekanec and Pacioretty. I don't expect Subban will remain a Hab forever. And now they're getting amped up about a Vanek rental? Yeeesh.

Man, it's gonna be hard for the cup to come back to Canada.

TOML, if the playoffs are rigged, who do you think will get the upper hand this year?

Just curious to see your opinion on that, now that we know what all the teams look like with the trade deadline being over.

Just read the thread and you will already know who but I don't want to discredit the NHL every sports league does this to an extent except the CFL.

Whether you go into Soccer, Basketball(super obvious) or Football you will see sports economics in effect.

Just read the thread and you will already know who but I don't want to discredit the NHL every sports league does this to an extent except the CFL.

Whether you go into Soccer, Basketball(super obvious) or Football you will see sports economics in effect.

I'm guessing he'll say one of the southern U.S. teams, but there's a few to pick from that will be in the playoffs. Though I don't know if anything that happened on trade deadline changed his opinion or not.

I can't speak for the other sports since I don't pay enough attention to them, but as for hockey, I think it's pretty clear that some teams get many more favourable calls than others.

I'm guessing he'll say one of the southern U.S. teams, but there's a few to pick from that will be in the playoffs. Though I don't know if anything that happened on trade deadline changed his opinion or not.

Just saying when the cup is handed out it will all make sense to you. It will be the same as it has been since 1994. Check all the cup winners and you will be able to easily predict the type of team that will win.

Big Markets

• 1994 New York
  • 1995 New Jersey
  • 1996 Colarado
  • 1997 Detroit
  • 1998 Detroit
  • 2000 New Jersey
  • 2001 Colarado
  • 2002 Detroit
  • 2003 New Jersey
  • 2008 Detroit
  • 2009 Pittsburgh
  • 2010 Chicago
  • 2011 Boston
  • 2012 LA
  • 2013 Chicago
  • 2014 ?????

1. 15 of the last 19 seasons a big market team wins the cup that isn't Canadian.
  2. every american original six team has won the the cup at least once since then with them accounting for 8 of the last 19 seasons
  3. Four big market teams have won the cup at least twice
  4. 75% chance a big market team wins the cup

Southern Expansion

• 1999 Dallas
  • 2004 Tampa Bay
  • 2006 Carolina
  • 2007 Anaheim
  • 2014 ?????

1. Florida, Nashville, San Jose only teams remaining that haven't won a cup from the south
  2. Starting from 2004 for three straight years it was a southern expansion vs a Canadian team with the expansion winning every match
  3. 4 of the last 19 seasons have been won by a southern expansion.
  4. 25% chance a southern expansion wins the cup this year

TOML, if the playoffs are rigged, who do you think will get the upper hand this year?

Just curious to see your opinion on that, now that we know what all the teams look like with the trade deadline being over.

My initial post-deadline thoughts are that it might be STL's time this year, but if not this year, very soon.

But the games upcoming are going to be so tight, a call here or there can make a series swing any which way. So it's tough to say who the league is going to favour here. Could be another SoCal team. Could be Chicago's dynasty team. Could be STL who's on a 40+ cup drought. Hell, they could even just decide that it's TO's turn. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well who do you think gets it?

I hope my post explains it too you as a another poster said it is not 100% rigged(closer to 73%) but favorable outcomes always happen at the end. It's impossible to predict who exactly because of the nature but you can tell what type of team will win with ease (that's what we have been talking about in this thread).

If everyone could just predict like that neither you are I would be wasting our time talking about it right now.

One thing I can tell you with 100% certainty (I knew since 2011-2012) that the Panthers will win a cup before Vancouver does and that Lu was going to Florida all along (his family never moved from there).

My initial post-deadline thoughts are that it might be STL's time this year, but if not this year, very soon.

Is that because of their cup drought? I think they'll win it soon too, though I don't think this is their year.

I'm thinking a Cali team, most likely Sharks.

Archived