The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Titanfall

Xbox

Disappointed it's only 6v6 even with it being next gen. And the whole titan AI basically being bots along with it. Hopefully they really did make the maps correctly to go with 6v6, only time will tell. I seriously hope EA fixes their crapty servers as well because all of their games are struggling with online crap currently.

lol @ 6 v 6 on next gen.

Do you ever say anything positive?

Besides in the ps4 thread.

Anyways... I didn't know the same 2 developers who made mw2 are the lead guys for this game. That only makes me more excited, that games multiplayer was incredible.

Disappointed it's only 6v6 even with it being next gen. And the whole titan AI basically being bots along with it. Hopefully they really did make the maps correctly to go with 6v6, only time will tell. I seriously hope EA fixes their crapty servers as well because all of their games are struggling with online crap currently.

Even though I was only going to get the current gen version, the 6v6 and no campaign turned me off completely. I was hoping for a 12v12 or something. 6v6 really is just Modern Warfare 2 with robots. If EA uses Origin for this game, the servers will be pretty bad. I think Xbox One is using their cloud for this, which I hope is true. EA servers are crap.

"Competing against Infinity Ward and Activision" what a joke EA. You care more about your stupid exclusivity money and deals then you do de-throning Call of Duty. Kind of hard to "give your old boss the middle finger", when the game isn't even on the PlayStation platforms. If EA really believed/cared about getting a new IP known and to dethrone CoD, they wouldn't of made it an exclusive title. For me, Call of Duty will be better, because it's playable on PlayStation.

This is in no way Respawns fault, so I hope the game does well. They just wanted to make a sick game, and had no idea until recent that their audience was about to be cut in half because EA wanted money.

I'm hoping the 360 version won't be too different like Respawn says it will. It has to be damn impressive to justify buying a game for last gen. If I had Xbox One, I'd buy this game no doubt but on 360 with no news out yet, it's still a mystery.

Do you ever say anything positive?

Besides in the ps4 thread.

yes i can be positive. i will say that there's still hope for this game because even though its gonna be 6 v 6 online. a game like splinter cell was quite fun in a 2 v 2 setting, however, that was current gen and in my opinion, for a next gen title 6 v 6 is quite limited. i am not going to slack on this game more anymore, i hope it turns out to be as good as you're hoping it to be. after all, WE ARE ALL GAMERS :towel:

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the leaked alpha gameplay from a few people. The maps look really small, mostly the titans make them seem really small. It's no wonder why they made them 6v6 though. I hope the people that get it enjoy it, honestly not something I am going to care about personally. Really disappointed, especially with all the hype it had behind it.

Saw the leaked alpha gameplay from a few people. The maps look really small, mostly the titans make them seem really small. It's no wonder why they made them 6v6 though. I hope the people that get it enjoy it, honestly not something I am going to care about personally. Really disappointed, especially with all the hype it had behind it.

It's alpha testing. You can't expect to get a whole lot of game play.

Obviously they'll have bigger maps in the game.

It's alpha testing. You can't expect to get a whole lot of game play.

Obviously they'll have bigger maps in the game.

If there are bigger maps, then 6v6 will seem stupid, so I'm guessing it's going to be more or less the same map size wise all the way around. If they built it around 6v6 then the maps will be just that, built around 6v6. If anything, I'd be more worried about bigger maps anyway. Because if you don't have a titan, getting around is going to blow, especially with small numbers.

Plus, being a fan of shooters in general, I will never ever think it is a good idea to have 'city' like maps to play in. Going into buildings and all those small rooms and corners just leads to people sitting around camping corners to avoid titans outside. Making the maps small enough for 6v6, but making them 'big enough' for the robots and the mobility is going to be a fine line to walk, and, alpha or not, I saw what I saw, and I didn't like how small they were. I didn't like all the corners and little rooms either. Looks like a mech killstreak in a CoD game with gimmicky mobility. Almost definitely should've gone for bigger maps and more players. Either the titan gameplay is going to struggle on smaller maps, or the players without one are going to suffer.

Maybe they will change things, it is after all only alpha, but with the 6v6 and what I saw of the gameplay, not a fan so far.

Another thing to realize, it was leaked and a NDA was shown that shows Microsoft and Machinima partnered up to give youtubers signed with them extra money for mentioning the Xbox One in a positive light. And they aren't allowed to tell their viewers that they were being paid. The funny thing is, it's actually illegal for them to be trying to market like that as well apparently.

Now, I am sure that Sony has had it's hands in youtube pockets before as well, but as of yet, they haven't been caught with an NDA trying to pay off commentators and reviewers.

So, I'd be pretty careful on just all the positive reviews and hype you see from people on youtube, especially if they commentate, and especially if they have any affiliation with Machinima, and honestly, any other group like that. It was obvious that some game companies paid off reviewer sites in the past, but now all the videos and people you have praising and hyping things up tied to youtube are in on it too.

Another thing to realize, it was leaked and a NDA was shown that shows Microsoft and Machinima partnered up to give youtubers signed with them extra money for mentioning the Xbox One in a positive light. And they aren't allowed to tell their viewers that they were being paid. The funny thing is, it's actually illegal for them to be trying to market like that as well apparently.

Now, I am sure that Sony has had it's hands in youtube pockets before as well, but as of yet, they haven't been caught with an NDA trying to pay off commentators and reviewers.

So, I'd be pretty careful on just all the positive reviews and hype you see from people on youtube, especially if they commentate, and especially if they have any affiliation with Machinima, and honestly, any other group like that. It was obvious that some game companies paid off reviewer sites in the past, but now all the videos and people you have praising and hyping things up tied to youtube are in on it too.

It's always been known all companies have been paying youtubers and bloggers.

That's why I don't watch that many YouTube videos.

I was told this information from a friend so that's why I am excited about the game.

I doubt that they won't have large maps. They shouldhave a wide variety of sizes. That wouldn't appeal to a lot of people and the creators of titanfall aren't idiots. It wouldn't make much sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit, I thought this was going to be absolute toss for a $60 release. It being an EA product wasn't exactly reassuring either.

After reaching the max level in the Beta, my opinion has thoroughly reversed. This game is bloody fantastic! Yes the gunplay is weak as all hell (expected coming from the guys who worked on Call of Duty) but the freerunning and parkour elements really make this game unique. I also love the inclusion of minion farming in an FPS, as an experienced Dota player this was interesting to see.

The smart pistol is dumb, but other than that the game balances well. (Its relatively easy to take down a Titan).

This will likely suck on 360, but will be passable on the XB1 graphics wise.

Looks fantastic on a real platform, though!

I have to admit, I thought this was going to be absolute toss for a $60 release. It being an EA product wasn't exactly reassuring either.

After reaching the max level in the Beta, my opinion has thoroughly reversed. This game is bloody fantastic! Yes the gunplay is weak as all hell (expected coming from the guys who worked on Call of Duty) but the freerunning and parkour elements really make this game unique. I also love the inclusion of minion farming in an FPS, as an experienced Dota player this was interesting to see.

The smart pistol is dumb, but other than that the game balances well. (Its relatively easy to take down a Titan).

This will likely suck on 360, but will be passable on the XB1 graphics wise.

Looks fantastic on a real platform, though!

I'm hoping the 360 version won't be worse (other than visuals). I'm getting it for 360, but if it's that inferior I may just end up buying a gaming PC if Titanfall 2 is still Microsoft exclusive. I've read PS4 can get GOTY and Legendary editions of the game still, and that EA is regretting going exclusive.

I'm hoping the 360 version won't be worse (other than visuals). I'm getting it for 360, but if it's that inferior I may just end up buying a gaming PC if Titanfall 2 is still Microsoft exclusive. I've read PS4 can get GOTY and Legendary editions of the game still, and that EA is regretting going exclusive.

The 360 version of the game is not being developed by Respawn, and will likely be a far inferior product.

Archived