The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Titanfall

Xbox

The 360 version of the game is not being developed by Respawn, and will likely be a far inferior product.

It's being ported by Bluepoint games who have ported great games before (mostly PS3 though). When they announced the developer porting it, people on other forums seemed relieved. I also think the 2 week delay for the 360 version is because the One version will be similar.

Burnout Paradise and a few other games hit 60fps on 360. Maybe, just maybe, Titanfall can.

I'm hoping the 360 version won't be worse (other than visuals). I'm getting it for 360, but if it's that inferior I may just end up buying a gaming PC if Titanfall 2 is still Microsoft exclusive. I've read PS4 can get GOTY and Legendary editions of the game still, and that EA is regretting going exclusive.

Titanfall is only exclusive for the first game that has been well documented and it mainly has to do xbox giving respawn dedicated servers which respawn has said is the only way the game is possible. Sony currently has nothing to combat this but I am going to assume they will have dedicated online servers for Destiny or Microsoft will have a huge surplus in xbox one sales.

Anyone know how much it would cost for a gaming desktop that could run this in 1080p at 60fps?

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8045&game=Titanfall

I am not sure how much that will cost you but the link has the recommended and minimum requirements to run it if you want to look at some PC's and see what they need.

As far as the quality goes it's hard to pinpoint (for me anyway). If you are running it at 1080p and 60fps would you care if you had to tone down some of the visuals to possibly even low settings or would you want to be running it at high or ultra settings?

Titanfall is only exclusive for the first game that has been well documented and it mainly has to do xbox giving respawn dedicated servers which respawn has said is the only way the game is possible. Sony currently has nothing to combat this but I am going to assume they will have dedicated online servers for Destiny or Microsoft will have a huge surplus in xbox one sales.

I believe Sony has there own dedicated servers from RackSpace. I read that's what they used for CoD. I have no doubt Titanfall 2 will be on PS4. Destiny will be great, it's actually the game I'm most pumped for this year, but it's also multi-platform.

http://www.game-deba...&game=Titanfall

I am not sure how much that will cost you but the link has the recommended and minimum requirements to run it if you want to look at some PC's and see what they need.

As far as the quality goes it's hard to pinpoint (for me anyway). If you are running it at 1080p and 60fps would you care if you had to tone down some of the visuals to possibly even low settings or would you want to be running it at high or ultra settings?

I'd like to be able to run any game on high for sure, but Ultra isn't a requirement since I'm on a budget of round $700. I just want something that's just as powerful as PS4, which is about a mid-grade computer IIRC. I'd tone down the visuals a bit, but not a lot.

I'd be getting it for Titanfall, a few other exclusives like Day Z, the PCSX2 PS2 emulator, the PS1 emulator and Wii emulator. I'd also play the original Fallout games, but those are so old I probably don't have to worry about requirements for that.

I believe Sony has there own dedicated servers from RackSpace. I read that's what they used for CoD. I have no doubt Titanfall 2 will be on PS4. Destiny will be great, it's actually the game I'm most pumped for this year, but it's also multi-platform.

I'd like to be able to run any game on high for sure, but Ultra isn't a requirement since I'm on a budget of round $700. I just want something that's just as powerful as PS4, which is about a mid-grade computer IIRC. I'd tone down the visuals a bit, but not a lot.

I'd be getting it for Titanfall, a few other exclusives like Day Z, the PCSX2 PS2 emulator, the PS1 emulator and Wii emulator. I'd also play the original Fallout games, but those are so old I probably don't have to worry about requirements for that.

$700 sounds doable, provided you own all the peripherals already.

If you're new to this stuff check out r/buildmeapc for some advice.

$700 sounds doable, provided you own all the peripherals already.

If you're new to this stuff check out r/buildmeapc for some advice.

Yeah I am new lol, so I'll check that out. Thanks.

I may hold off for now and wait until I get more money to build a better one. I think Im just getting Titanfall for 360 for now. (unless it's totally unbearable)

We have a really old dell desktop at home. It's extremely low-end, but I think I found just 1 device that will enable it to play Titanfall at 1080p 58fps with two layers of anti-aliasing

Upgrade an old Dell desktop with this: http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6417813/

Sadly it's selling waaaay above MSRP, ESPECIALLY in Canada lol at $20-30+ above $150. Better off waiting since prices of graphics cards are extremely fluid. Those poor people buying a GTX Titan for $1000 and then nVidia releases the gtx 780 which gave you ~93% the performance of the titan while being $300 cheaper. Then they dropped the price of the gtx 780 to $500 only a few months after it released (scamming all early adopters in the process) and came out the 780 ti, which was stronger than the titan and only $700. This all happened in the span of 6 months XD.

• 2 weeks later...

Any feedback on the game from someone who owns it on Xbox One? It's payday today and was thinking about picking it up. Thanks in advance

Haven't played it (and don't own an XBONE). However, I have read quite a few reviews on it. Pretty much the standard review for quality shooters and getting 9/10; but I have yet to read or hear anyone say that it is a "gamechanger" and that it is breaking new ground. Though to be fair, we also never heard that in the initial stages of the 360 and PS3 either. Took a few years until those titles came out. If you own a XBONE, then I don't know why you wouldn't get it, because there isn't a whole lot out right now as it is. If you are like me, and am waiting another year or two to purchase any of the next gen systems, it doesn't sound like this is a game that will hold up. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, bought the system to get it out of the way so I can start saving for my trip to Mexico but it's just been sitting there collecting dust due to lack of games. Should give it some playtime so will pick up Titanfall and give it a go

I don't have it for Xbox but I do have it for PC.

As far as Xbox One goes if you want to play a game on it (mine also collects dust) then Titanfall is the best option.

I haven't played it long enough to see if it holds my interest after a while but I have had fun playing it and the more you play the more you unlock. As of right now my main concern with it is it doesn't have a lot of game modes. No matter what the mode is I tend to feel I am generally doing the same thing.

Archived