The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gillis Says Canucks Are Not Interested in Rentals and Trading Horvat

TheRussianRocket.

Glad to hear that Gillis. Wait till the off-season to sign rental players,

patience pays off

Sometimes patience isn't the answer. We had a solid group that needed a few pieces and we could have won multiple cups in my opinion if mg went out and got those pieces. He didnt and we didnt win.

Now our core is getting older and our window to win is closing and patience is not the answer.

It's either get those pieces right now and hope it works ASAP or rebuild the whole thing right now before our team starts missing the playoffs and the roster loses perceived value.

Guest Cuporbust2

Good for gillis. Rentals are only good if you are almost certain u have a cup team that year. He knows we Gota start stocking now. Our team will not be ok the way it is for too much longer. We will need to start adding core players soon. Guys are guna start getting old in the next while here. I'm really glad to hear him say that.

Good for gillis. Rentals are only good if you are almost certain u have a cup team that year. He knows we Gota start stocking now. Our team will not be ok the way it is for too much longer. We will need to start adding core players soon. Guys are guna start getting old in the next while here. I'm really glad to hear him say that.

Rentals almost always don't work. Pittsburgh went all in last year with Morrow and Iginla and didn't even get to the Cup. Majority of Stanley Cup winners have their teams assembled in the offseason. We need to build, not temporally fill holes.

THis statement doesnt mean that they wont trade for an upcoming UFA, but thatll itll be with the intention of re-signing any player that would fall under that category.

I would still really love to see Steve Ott on this roster. People may not want "another 3rd liner", but this is a guy that can pay HUGE divedends, and considering that clearly this team is going to need to be harder to play against if they plan on doing any damage vs: the LAs, Anas, StLs, and SJ's of the conference, of which they would almost certainly have to match up against in any successfull playoff run.

Archived