The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So after tonight, would u agree Quick is better than Luo?

vcrguy

Yes, I still believe can be and is still a top 3 goalie in the league.

Lundqvist

Quick

Luongo

In any order are arguably the top 3 'tenders in the league.

Lu has significantly better numbers than both all season. Lundqvist is having a really off year and Quick average as well. Others teams have found ways to beat Quick, just not the Canucks...

Please go ahead and name me 1 goalie that is better than Quick.

Every team's goalies are worse than Quick.

Roberto Luongo.

He plays the same division with lower GAA and higher save % on a team that's not quite as good.

Also Luongo's save percentage is higher than the average for the Canucks, where Quick is lower than the average for the Kings. Meaning Lou is doing better than his teammates (Lack) and Quick is doing worse than his (Bernier and Jones).

No matter how big a Canucks fan you are you've gotta see that the 2014 Jonathan Quick is a better goaltender than the 2014 Roberto Luongo. In the same way that Sidney Crosby is better than Henrik Sedin, or that Ryan Suter is better than Dan Hamhuis.

You have issues dealing with time?

You do realize 2014 is only 5 days old right?

*shakes his head* Really?

There was a time when Eric Lindross was the player everyone wanted on their team, and were willing to give pretty well everything to get it.

Then he got hit.

Dont gimme your bull poopee about 2014 or 1934 or 2061.

The Team makes the goalie. Not the other way around.

You think Brodeur would be the same goalie he is today if he played in a Western conference team that never ever played the trap, not to mention played the trap for 15 years?

?????

Yeah, the 1999 Buffalo Sabers would have made the finals with any goaltender. Hasek was average at best.

So was Patrick Roy the three times he won the Conn Smythe.

I recall JS Giguère being downright bad when the Mighty Ducks made the finals in 2003.

Cam Ward sucked in 2006.

Giggy was bad once again when the Ducks finally won the Cup in 2007.

Fleury was awful when the Penguins won their Stanley Cup.

The Bruins could have put my great grandmother's corpse between the pipes when they beat us in 2011.

I recall the 2012 LA Kings playing most of the playoffs with six players and no goaltender. (Maybe that's why they scored so many goals...?)

There was a time when Eric Lindross was the player everyone wanted on their team, and were willing to give pretty well everything to get it.

Then he got hit.

Do you have an IQ below 50?

I'd pick the 2012 Jonathan Quick over the 2012 Luongo too.

And the 2013 ones.

I'd also pick Quick in 2015.

And in '16.

I'm not bashing Luongo at all, I'm just saying that Jonathan Quick is better than him, but that's fine, Luo's much older, and still a great goaltender. Just not one of the three best in the world.

?????

Yeah, the 1999 Buffalo Sabers would have made the finals with any goaltender. Hasek was average at best.

So was Patrick Roy the three times he won the Conn Smythe.

I recall JS Giguère being downright bad when the Mighty Ducks made the finals in 2003.

Cam Ward sucked in 2006.

Giggy was bad once again when the Ducks finally won the Cup in 2007.

Fleury was awful when the Penguins won their Stanley Cup.

The Bruins could have put my great grandmother's corpse between the pipes when they beat us in 2011.

I recall the 2012 LA Kings playing most of the playoffs with six players and no goaltender. (Maybe that's why they scored so many goals...?)

Yeah how many goals, assists did those goalies get? What was their plus minus? Did they take face offs?

Well they did their share of penalty killing Im sure.

Conn Smythe is a bull trophy. 7 times out of ten its awarded to the goalie of the "team that wins the cup".

Then he got hit.

I'd pick the 2012 Jonathan Quick over the 2012 Luongo too. (Conn Smythe + Cup = profit.)

And the 2013 ones.

And in '16.

I'm not bashing Luongo at all, I'm just saying that Jonathan Quick is better than him, but that's fine, Luo's much older, and still a great goaltender. Just not one of the three best in the world.

Yeah how many goals, assists did those goalies get? What was their plus minus? Did they take face offs?

Well they did their share of penalty killing Im sure.

Conn Smythe is a bull trophy. 7 times out of ten its awarded to the goalie of the "team that wins the cup".

Are you dumb? You are either:

1) a troll.

2) five years old.

3) someone who has never watched a game of hockey.

4) dropped and jumped on at birth.

I'm just gonna ignore you from now on.

I'd pick the 2012 Jonathan Quick over the 2012 Luongo too.

And the 2013 ones.

And in '16.

Owch I think I got a double shot of hate there for a second. Im good with it. My turn.

You cant judge Luongo for the good that he has done for this team. Remember a dude named Cloootchier? The best thing I remember about Cloutier is that he was willing to drop the gloves. Was it Emery or Ellis that basically did the same thing this year?

Teams are built on teamwork. Its simple. LA has a better all around team I can give you that, but saying you would rather have Quick on X day of 0 month doesnt work guy.

Are you dumb? You are either:

1) a troll.

2) five years old.

3) someone who has never watched a game of hockey.

4) dropped and jumped on at birth.

I'm just gonna ignore you from now on.

1) No I am not a troll. I heard the bastards turn to stone in sunlight.. Think I read a book one time that said that.

2) No. I am actually 33 years old, and if I have my way, I will make it to at least 34.

3) At 33 years old, Canadian and a die hard Canucks fan, I have watched my fair share of hockey.

4) "Dropped and jumped on at birth"? Sorry buddy I think you lose this round. At birth I just wanted a pair of teats and a warm blanket.

No matter how big a Canucks fan you are you've gotta see that the 2014 Jonathan Quick is a better goaltender than the 2014 Roberto Luongo. In the same way that Sidney Crosby is better than Henrik Sedin, or that Ryan Suter is better than Dan Hamhuis.

Not sure how you can actually say that. If you are comparing previous years Quick to previous Luongo (depeending on the year) then yes, but Luongo has been the better goalie of the two this season by a fair margin. The only reason the Kings are where they are in the standings are because of their backups.

And if you are speaking literally about 2014 as in tonight, you are blind if you think Quick was the better of the two goalies tonight.

Quick amazes me game in game out. Luongo is solid, never saw him as a game breaker. He played like it today though..

Then you never saw him play.

Luongo single handedly turned this team from a middle of the pack team into a playoff team when he arrived in 06-07, and right now with out him, this would still be a middle of the pack team. If that's not a game-breaker goalie, I don't know what is.

Archived