The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] LAK - 1/13/14 - 7:30PM

Strombone1

I am questioning if you know anything about hockey and team sports. They played like a team tonight and came together for the first time in a while. yes they lost the game but they are no longer a pushover for this team.

Why do you figure they came together? Sestito, Kassian and Weise showed uncontrolled emotion in this game and hurt their team in the process. Please tell me how these can be called moral victories and "coming together as a team":

1)Kassian knocking Brown to his butt 9 seconds in and taking a penalty (oooh you sure showed him)

2)Sestito putting his team shorthanded on the ice for 7 minutes and on the bench for the rest of the game. If he had let up after the first couple shoves/punches he would've gotten off so much easier. Oh and Nolan goes back to the bench barely breaking a sweat and without a scar on his face.

3)Daniel and Henrik both taking senseless penalties (although that's a pretty regular occurrence).

4)After being VERY lucky to get away with what he did to Doughty, Weise skates the extra 5 feet to get into Quick's grill (which Bieksa had already done earlier) to put his team shorthanded with 10 minutes to go when they are down a goal.

Oh and who got the game winning goal by the way, just wondering?

EDIT: Also I've played team sports and hockey my whole life. I still play in fact. I can tell you one thing, when you win a game like this I won't deny that it can bring a team together. Make no mistake though regardless of what these guys say in the scrums afterwards, the Canucks went into that dressing room deflated and pissed off all at the same time.

The only piece missing(and yes it sucks) was getting the puck in the net. We played tough and didn't back down. Our PPK went to work in a tough situation. I'm sure we all want the win, but we have to see the loss for what it is. A tough loss, but we got to see the team be gritty and tough. Now we just need to work on getting the shot in the net... easier said than done. GCG

Archived