The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Pool

canuck2xtreme

Goal for Kovy, assist for Shattenkirk. Nice.

Team USA storming today so far - Ovechkin 1G1A, Malkin 1G2A, Kessel 1G2A...8pts and counting!

Real-life Team USA look fantastic so far. Every line looks a danger. I think they have terrific combos too.

The US- Slovak game was farcical , apart from the Slovaks first line the rest of the team looked like the guys i used to play drop in hockey with . I love hockey but that was painfull to watch , i went to bed after the second period.

I gave up MTB racing because i was beating my competition by 20-30 seconds , there was no feeling of achievment , its not much fun competing against athletes that are not at ones talent level.

Great Britain: 16 points

H. WIckenheiser (CAN) *1g0a* *0g0a* *1g1a*

Hilary Knight (USA) *1g1a* *1g1a* *1g0a*

Michelle Karvinen (FIN) *0g1a* *0g0a* *2g1a*

womens skeleton Feb 14th

womens curling Feb 20th

womens speed skating *0*

Ilya Kovalchuk (RUS) *1g0a*

Jaromir Jagr (CZK) *1g0a*

Henrik Zetterberg (SWE) *1g0a*

David Krejci (CZK) *0g0a*

Shea Weber (CAN)

Kevin Shattenkirk (USA) *0g1a*

My event was the 1000m short track not the 500m - the 1000m is tomorrow :)

Hey guys, I'll get the spreadsheet updated as soon as possible. Been a pretty rough few days, getting stuck at work for 36 hours at a time etc. All I'm gonna say is need a new job... ugh...

I'm off to bed as I'll probably be off to work by dawn again. <_<

And thanks PO for the updates, it's a huge help!

Hey guys, I'll get the spreadsheet updated as soon as possible. Been a pretty rough few days, getting stuck at work for 36 hours at a time etc. All I'm gonna say is need a new job... ugh...

I'm off to bed as I'll probably be off to work by dawn again. <_<

And thanks PO for the updates, it's a huge help!

Do not stress about it mate PO has been doing a great , hope you get a break from work soon so you can enjoy some olympic hockey , you are not missing much at the moment , these pool games are not grippping hockey , at least they allow the good teams to gain some chemistry .

I thought that on the larger ice surface Sweden had/has a good chance at gold , but now that the 2 Henriks are out with injury i feel their chance at gold has diminished , not saying they still cannot win but you cannot replace those 2 players who at their best dominate games.

Lydia is up tonight , she is the only woman attempting a quadruple twisting triple backflip , if she lands this jump gold will be hers.

Zetterberg out...that's my chance of winning this greatly reduced :(

Although 2pts from Jagr and Krejci so far have slightly made up for that.

I think you have done a great job putting yout team together , leading the comp , thats is a blow losing Zetterberg but i think you still have a chance at winning.

Depends on the events probably. It's looking pretty good that I'll nab a gold in the women's skeleton, Elise Christie is World #1 in the short track 1000m, and the women's curlers still have a shot at a medal. That's where the comp will be won and lost, shame I'm English and had such slim pickings for potential medals

Depends on the events probably. It's looking pretty good that I'll nab a gold in the women's skeleton, Elise Christie is World #1 in the short track 1000m, and the women's curlers still have a shot at a medal. That's where the comp will be won and lost, shame I'm English and had such slim pickings for potential medals

I know how you feel , Australia is known for its beaches not its winter athletes and with a population of 23 million nowhere near the talent base of the US , UK or even Canada.

As i have mentioned Norway has the most medals in the history of the winter olympic, currently they have the most medals at 13 in this olympics ,for a nation that has only 5 million people that is an incredible achievment.

Of the 60m people in our country, 31m are 40 and over, and another 13m are under 16. That leaves us with 16m age-possible Winter Olympians. Of those 16m, 9.5m claim benefits, 5m are morbidly obese, and 1m are disabled and potential Winter Paralympians.

That leaves is with 500,000 potential athletes, take away the lazy, stupid, and generally rubbish at sport, and you're left with the guy in the office next to mine and his girlfriend.

Of the 60m people in our country, 31m are 40 and over, and another 13m are under 16. That leaves us with 16m age-possible Winter Olympians. Of those 16m, 9.5m claim benefits, 5m are morbidly obese, and 1m are disabled and potential Winter Paralympians.

That leaves is with 500,000 potential athletes, take away the lazy, stupid, and generally rubbish at sport, and you're left with the guy in the office next to mine and his girlfriend.

Classic Mate , I am pissing myself :lol:

I am going to show my wife the line "shame I am English" as it should be worth a good laugh....she is busy these days renewing her maroon coloured passport, as yes, she too is English. We figure it is awesome that she and I can live and work anywhere in the EU due to our parents nationalities. Well worth keeping up the citizenship status. Her cousin recently sold her flat in London and moved to Scotland as she put it "Scotland, despite being full of Scotts, is the only place you can get a decent chippy these days without it reeking of curry".

I laughed at the totally racist undertones at each end of that statement.

I am going to show my wife the line "shame I am English" as it should be worth a good laugh....she is busy these days renewing her maroon coloured passport, as yes, she too is English. We figure it is awesome that she and I can live and work anywhere in the EU due to our parents nationalities. Well worth keeping up the citizenship status. Her cousin recently sold her flat in London and moved to Scotland as she put it "Scotland, despite being full of Scotts, is the only place you can get a decent chippy these days without it reeking of curry".

I laughed at the totally racist undertones at each end of that statement.

Haha, I myself am dual nation British/Canadian, thanks to my mum being born in Vancouver. If only I could convince the wife to emigrate!

We can't get a decent chippy down where I am because they all smell of kebab. I wish I was making it up.

Archived