The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Pool

canuck2xtreme

Haha, sounds like your house would serve bacon and eggs for breakfast with a lovely syrup topping!

My only hope is for Elise Christie to grab gold. She is the world #1 and favourite, but was stiffed in the 500m final with an undeserved DQ, then robbed again in the 1,500m (I think) when she went a fraction over a side line. Madness, but them's the rules.

So we need a world #1 performance from the world #1, otherwise Shea Weber and Kevin Shattenkirk both need hat-tricks across their final two games :(

And Canada takes the lead! What a performance from the Womens team yesterday, and waking up to an alert on my phone that Jacobs had won curling gold was a great way to start the day!

An 8 point lead is far from insurmountable however, hopefully my Canadian forwards pick up the pace a bit and start scoring.

This is the result I really wanted Canada beating the US ,I am a very happy camper right now. Did anyone see the game ?

1-0 score flatters the Americans, Canada was all over them. If not for Jonathan Quick, it would have been a rout.

Games like that worry me. You can be far and away the better team, but one or two bounces and you still lose. Glad they were able to close it out and put the Americans out.

CAN 57

GB 49

AUS 38

FIN 34

USA 28

It is all over the but the anthem at the Podium for gold, but bronze is still being contested. Finland is almost there with a medal still on the line as the Finnish Lions play Sweden's Tre Kronor tomorrow! If Finland wins, I am just one point out of a medal....O.O

CAN 57

GB 49

AUS 38

FIN 34

USA 28

It is all over the but the anthem at the Podium for gold, but bronze is still being contested. Finland is almost there with a medal still on the line as the Finnish Lions play Sweden's Tre Kronor tomorrow! If Finland wins, I am just one point out of a medal....O.O

Finland plays the US tomorrow. :P

1-0 score flatters the Americans, Canada was all over them. If not for Jonathan Quick, it would have been a rout.

Games like that worry me. You can be far and away the better team, but one or two bounces and you still lose. Glad they were able to close it out and put the Americans out.

get home at lunchtime tomorrow ,first thing I will do is find a replay of the game. Good to hear that Canada dominated the game ,I think the Canadians form against the euro teams in the lead up games meant diddly squat when it comes down the north American brand of hockey Canada seems to have the edge over the US. This is the final I always wanted to see ,I wish the 2 henriks where playing for Sweden ,the absolute best of the best battling it out for Olympic gold but it will still be a cracker of a game....lets go Canada....

CAN 57

GB 49

AUS 38

FIN 34

USA 28

have been clinging to third all tournament , both my defending gold medalists failed to defend their titles ,chumpy a two time world champ leading into these games failed to get past the quarters,have to check but I think ouellette did not score a point for me,stack was good ,borgquist solid I suppose,I always knew those aspects of my team were the weakest. I am suprised that I am still in third ,kinda want Finland to beat the US even if it means I lose my bronze medal position. Fun fact ,the Finnish army has the largest big size uniforms in the world ,they breed some big boys over there.

With a one point gap in our Bronze Medal battle...team Australia has the upper hand, but team Finland has Sisu. We can and must persevere.

it's going down to the last game brother,you have 5 players in the final ,I have 4,I like you chance of snatching bronze. Congratulations to Canada for their performance in this competition fantastic effort mate. The stand out performance for me was great britian with only the guy and his girlfriend in the office next to azzy on gbs winter Olympic team a silver medal is a phenomenal performance.

C2x wins - congrats mate!

In the 500m Christie wiped out two others. Today she gets wiped out. How did she get DQ'd on both occasions? The Russians are fixing it for the Chinese is how.

Managed to pull it out despite a few guys producing well under what I think everyone expected of them. Some clutch performances, especially coming from Canada's Womens hockey team a few days ago, is what sealed it for me. When the momentum turned in their favor, it turned in mine as well.

Congratulations to Team Great Britain for a hard fought battle right to the finish. I'm honestly surprised things broke so well for me late in the game, I thought you had it in the bag there for a while. Team Australia with some solid showings and still battling a game Team Finland for bronze to close things out tomorrow. Team USA with some awful luck, especially in the events, some of which I'm sure we all figured were pretty much gimme's for USA to nab gold (Shaun White... wtf dude...?)

Thanks to everyone for playing, I had a lot of fun with it even though I wasn't able to keep it as updated as I would have liked, and a huge thanks to PO for picking up the ball and running with it!

Managed to pull it out despite a few guys producing well under what I think everyone expected of them. Some clutch performances, especially coming from Canada's Womens hockey team a few days ago, is what sealed it for me. When the momentum turned in their favor, it turned in mine as well.

Congratulations to Team Great Britain for a hard fought battle right to the finish. I'm honestly surprised things broke so well for me late in the game, I thought you had it in the bag there for a while. Team Australia with some solid showings and still battling a game Team Finland for bronze to close things out tomorrow. Team USA with some awful luck, especially in the events, some of which I'm sure we all figured were pretty much gimme's for USA to nab gold (Shaun White... wtf dude...?)

Thanks to everyone for playing, I had a lot of fun with it even though I wasn't able to keep it as updated as I would have liked, and a huge thanks to PO for picking up the ball and running with it!

While he had a really good chance at the gold medal it was never his for sure , he had like lydia practised a couple of tricks other competitors had never landed but he had never landed them in competition himself. What i have found out is that he is not liked very much by his peers , the main reason for this is they consider their sport a "soul" sport which people choose to do becuase they love it rather than for the money , many consider he has sold out , since a young age he has had "minders" from burton who carefully structure his image , this goes against the soul of their sport which like surfing has always had a rebellious out there edge.

My personal opinion is that he is an incredibly gifted athlete but being a soul skier myself i kinda agree with with his peers.

Archived