The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Pool

canuck2xtreme

While he had a really good chance at the gold medal it was never his for sure , he had like lydia practised a couple of tricks other competitors had never landed but he had never landed them in competition himself. What i have found out is that he is not liked very much by his peers , the main reason for this is they consider their sport a "soul" sport which people choose to do becuase they love it rather than for the money , many consider he has sold out , since a young age he has had "minders" from burton who carefully structure his image , this goes against the soul of their sport which like surfing has always had a rebellious out there edge.

My personal opinion is that he is an incredibly gifted athlete but being a soul skier myself i kinda agree with with his peers.

Well, my own personal opinion, and this is only my own opinion and it's derived from nothing but what I've seen of him which is admittedly not very much, is that he's an arrogant, self centered jerk. Again, that's my opinion based on a very small sample size, but that's the impression that I get. I could be wrong, but I wasn't disappointed at all to see him miss the podium.

Well, my own personal opinion, and this is only my own opinion and it's derived from nothing but what I've seen of him which is admittedly not very much, is that he's an arrogant, self centered jerk. Again, that's my opinion based on a very small sample size, but that's the impression that I get. I could be wrong, but I wasn't disappointed at all to see him miss the podium.

I did not want to go that far but am in total agreement with your assesment of his charcter mate, as you know i have a long invovlment in the ski/board scene/ industry and you are not wrong.

By My Math I have :

Canada GOLD

Great Britain SILVER

Australia BRONZE

Congrats guys and thanks for a fun tournament. What a way to end it too, Canada with a 3-0 win. My favorite medal ceremony of all time: Canada, Sweden, Finland: these three flags rising up together to the rafters. AWESOME>

Take care all, the CDCGML Rangers are calling and they say they want me back on the first available charter. We have a playoff push to orchestrate. See you in the sports pages.

Congrats to Canada and GB these 2 teams were out front all tournament.

Thanks Curt for making this game happen , i love the winter olympics and this game added to my enjoyment of them.

Thanks to PO for all the work you put in tabulating points ,and for the battle down the stretch for the bronze medal .

Thanks Azzy and SB for participating in this game , it is good people like you guys that make games fun to play .

Australia is over the moon with its bronze medal .......woooooohoooo

Had fun boys! Thought for sure I would earn a medal in 2/3 of my events..

Thanks Curt for setting all of this up! Although I was busy with work and coaching, I had fun competing with yall! Yes, even when placing 5th :( Special thanks to PO as well for keeping up with all of our scores(or lack thereof)

Hope to see you all in Pyeongchang!

• 1 month later...

Archived