The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

called back goals

So I was just watching the Islanders intermission report and they had kris king on (one of the video review guys).

One of the questions that was asked was about overturning no goal/good goal calls. King said that while they need irrefutable evidence to overturn highsticking or the puck crossing the goal line calls, they do not need irrefutable evidence to overturn kicking motion calls.

I was always under the impression they needed irrefutable evidence to overturn anything. Did anyone else know about this?

So I was just watching the Islanders intermission report and they had kris king on (one of the video review guys).

One of the questions that was asked was about overturning no goal/good goal calls. King said that while they need irrefutable evidence to overturn highsticking or the puck crossing the goal line calls, they do not need irrefutable evidence to overturn kicking motion calls.

I was always under the impression they needed irrefutable evidence to overturn anything. Did anyone else know about this?

It's what they like to call the "Daniel Sedin" rule....

Archived