Sestito - Dalpe - Lain

Welsh, Archibald

Hamhuis - Garison

Edler - Moore

Stanton - Bieksa

Diaz, Weber, Alberts

Luongo

Lack

Works cap wise. Big time familiarity. Would be a steal for the Canucks but the Rags are going to get boned by the cap next season. They have to dump one of their big unrestricted/restricted free agents. Zuccarelo, Kreider, Girardi, Brassard and Callahan.

After starting the season with seven straight pointless games Zuccarelo was a healthy scratch for a single game and then went on to score 43 points in 51 games (15 goals). Could be the playmaking winger Kesler has always needed. Definitely a solid replacement for the offensive ability of Santorelli. The thing that I would worry about most, besides him asking for a long term contract rather than a bridge, is his lack of size. He is really f'in small. He could end up being a non-factor against SoCal teams and St. Louis.

For New York it is a mix of selling high and getting what they can out of a soon to be bad situation. They actually don't get much worse. Moore probably has a slightly higher ceiling than Tanev, but atm Tanev is the far better defensemen. New York gets an extra second round pick to make up for the rest of the gap, and Van gets another fourth round pick to keep the cupboards full.

If not Zuccarelo then Kreider or Girardi. Problem with those guys is that even at a big bargain they will cost more than Vanoucver is likely willing to give, maybe even has. Callahan is an option but I don't buy the rumours surrounding him. I think it is bargaining tactics by NY, and I think being their captain and pseudo hometown hero (born in Rochester raised in Buffalo) he is the last of the four to be traded.

Brassard being the worst of them all makes him the most obvious choice. So alternatively Tanev + Hansen for Brassard + Moore. I'd like to think MG could work some of that magic he used to have and steal us a difference maker instead of the complimentary players we've been getting the last couple seasons.... Another thing is that Brassard can be a short term difference maker. He was right after he got traded last season.

idk what do you guys think?

I should also add that this is based on Callahan getting around 5.25, Girardi 6, Kreider 3 (bridge), Zuccarello 4.25 (1/2 year bridge), and Brassard 4.2.

The more I look at this the more I think it is too lob sided... What would it take? New York is in such a bad spot we've gotta be able to rip them off at least a little bit.

I think you're right regarding ripping NYR off a bit...

and regarding the Cali teams statement, I don't get it...

good example is Cogliano. He's 5 foot 10...there's a 3 inch difference between the 2...

Point is, if a player has the heart and passion, no matter what the size is, he will overcome. Cogliano I'd imagine wanted to prove Edmonton wrong and that he's worth more than a 2nd round pick...you know, it sort of ignited a fire in him...

Also Callahan wants more than 6 million, Girardi will probably be 6 million, Kreider will probably be 2-3 million, Zuccarrelo will probably get 3 million, sort of like Kadri's situation, he was a PPG but didn't get 4 million and Brassard will probably be ~3 million

Also Callahan wants more than 6 million, Girardi will probably be 6 million, Kreider will probably be 2-3 million, Zuccarrelo will probably get 3 million, sort of like Kadri's situation, he was a PPG but didn't get 4 million and Brassard will probably be ~3 million

Then they don't need to trade anybody.

But I'm not so comfortable giving up Tanev...

sub in maybe Corrado and a 3rd?

That negates what makes this not too horrible of a trade for New York. Tanev is an improvement on Moore while Corrado is not.

Don't see them moving Zucc...Their set to lose Callahan unless his demands take a sharp drop so their going to keep him without question barring overpayment...and overpayment is not a good thing for us t do atm

How many times does this have to happen before you guys realize that the player always asks for more than he ends up getting. It is the bargaining process. He will come down.

Unless his name is St.Louis or Gallagher he's useless in the Pacific.

yea, probably.

How many times does this have to happen before you guys realize that the player always asks for more than he ends up getting. It is the bargaining process. He will come down.

Vanek, Moulson, Stasiny, and Callahan are the top UFA's coming up...With every teams cap going up 7mil I have no doubt every one of them will get 6mil+ in open market...Vanek has already stated he is going to open whats to stop the rest from going out and getting their big payday?

Vanek, Moulson, Stasiny, and Callahan are the top UFA's coming up...With every teams cap going up 7mil I have no doubt every one of them will get 6mil+ in open market...Vanek has already stated he is going to open whats to stop the rest from going out and getting their big payday?

not wanting to move to another city and team and wanting to win, which can only be achieved through several players taking pay cuts in the salary cap world.

not wanting to move to another city and team and wanting to win, which can only be achieved through several players taking pay cuts in the salary cap world.

Perry and Getz

Malkin and Letang

Ovechkin

Lundqvist and Richards

Doughty

No paycuts among those names making big money and most of them on dominant teams...Vanek turned down a 7 year 50mil contract...Ya he will probably go to Minnesota since they wont have Heatley on the books...Its just how it goes I forsee them getting the money they are after

I wouldn't mind Zuccarello but not at the price of Tanev.

Maybe not but thats all i would do. Zuccarello is overrated though Moore is good

15 goals, 28 assists, 43 points and a +5 in 58 games this season. Pretty good for someone who is 5'7" and 174.

I wouldn't mind Zuccarello but not at the price of Tanev.

15 goals, 28 assists, 43 points and a +5 in 58 games this season. Pretty good for someone who is 5'7" and 174.

Looks even better when you take into account his extremely poor start. 7 pointless games subsequently followed by a healthy scratching and then a 43 points in 51 games tear.

Good effort, but I just don't see Tanev going anywhere. It'll definitely be one of the older guys, most likely Edler or Garrison. And I'm no sure even if Zuccarello is the right type of player we're looking for. I feel like going for Brassard would be a better choice, although it would probabaly be tough to pry him out of NY

Archived