The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Leafs Choking Again

Jiggs50

No, he's not. But keep believing your delusions, buddy.

Last I checked he's brought more offense to the table than either twin.

They're complimentary pieces too, right?

Last I checked he's brought more offense to the table than either twin.

They're complimentary pieces too, right?

Well, if he's such an awesome franchise player, he should have put your garbage team on his back and carried them to the post-season. But he didn't.

I'd still take the twins over Kessel any day. But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Well, if he's such an awesome franchise player, he should have put your garbage team on his back and carried them to the post-season. But he didn't.

I'd still take the twins over Kessel any day. But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

If the twins are so much better than Kessel, why didn't they bring your garbage team to the post season? And there's 2 of em over 1 Kessel.

If the twins are so much better than Kessel, why didn't they bring your garbage team to the post season? And there's 2 of em over 1 Kessel.

Yeah, you're not actually that clever. But, this is typical of laffs fans. Unlike Phaneuf and Kessel, and contrary to the flack they get on here, the Sedins have actually carried this team. They are much better leaders than you have, and they are much better than they are currently given credit for. Deal with it.

Kessel may be a goal scorer, and he can be what an already contending team needs to get over the hump, but he is not the player you lean on for leadership. Same with Phaneuf. Doing so will mean another decade of no playoffs.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Funny, I can say the same about you. But, keep crying. I love how butthurt you are at being owned.

Oh hey! It's you again! I remember you! Still hard at it I see. :P

Both Kessel and Phaneuf are solid #2 guys. Like how Kane can't do anything without Toews and Campbell couldn't do anything without Keith.

There's a slim possibility that Kadri and Rielly can supplant Kessel and Phaneuf and accomplish what i'm saying, but it's doubtful. Esp. with ultra-entitled Phaneuf. Both Kadri and Rielly are defensive questionmarks going forward, and Rielly is being rushed.

Anyway, i'd take Seguin as a franchise player any day. Not to mention Hamilton. God, what an awful trade. Just an awful trade to do during an obvious rebuild.

Yeah, you're not actually that clever. But, this is typical of laffs fans. Unlike Phaneuf and Kessel, and contrary to the flack they get on here, the Sedins have actually carried this team. They are much better leaders than you have, and they are much better than they are currently given credit for. Deal with it.

For the record, I like the Nux and the Sedins, but your comments are laughable and extremely ignorant. I'm still not even sure if you sincerely mean what you wrote. Hate to break it to you, but Vancouver has failed just as much as the Leafs have the last 40 years besides the recent playoff drought. Stanley cup count is still the same.

As for Phaneuf, I wasn't even talking about him. He's overpaid and makes Reimer look awful. I don't agree with Phaneuf being captain.

Both Kessel and Phaneuf are solid #2 guys. Like how Kane can't do anything without Toews and Campbell couldn't do anything without Keith.

There's a slim possibility that Kadri and Rielly can supplant Kessel and Phaneuf and accomplish what i'm saying, but it's doubtful. Esp. with ultra-entitled Phaneuf. Both Kadri and Rielly are defensive questionmarks going forward, and Rielly is being rushed.

Anyway, i'd take Seguin as a franchise player any day. Not to mention Hamilton. God, what an awful trade. Just an awful trade to do during an obvious rebuild.

I like Kessel a lot, but I gotta admit Seguin is unreal. I'm just happy he's lighting it up on Dallas and not Boston. Now Boston got destroyed in that trade with Dallas.

If we're comparing Kessel to the twins, then I guess it should be noted that the Sedins did indeed carry a garbage team to the playoffs in 2007. When they were a year younger than Kessel is now. That 2007 Canucks squad featuring Jeff The Brabarian Cowan had no business being in the playoffs, but they made it to the 2nd round.

This year will be just the 3rd time they've missed the playoffs in their 14yr careers.

The Sedins are way better players, but they're just past prime. I think they can bounce back though.

For the record, I like the Nux and the Sedins, but your comments are laughable and extremely ignorant. I'm still not even sure if you sincerely mean what you wrote. Hate to break it to you, but Vancouver has failed just as much as the Leafs have the last 40 years besides the recent playoff drought. Stanley cup count is still the same.

As for Phaneuf, I wasn't even talking about him. He's overpaid and makes Reimer look awful. I don't agree with Phaneuf being captain.

No, buddy, we actually haven't. We've had more success over the last 40 years than your laffs have. At least we played for the cup on three occasions, won a couple of president's trophies, and multiple individual awards. That's some success right there. Deal with it.

No, buddy, we actually haven't. We've had more success over the last 40 years than your laffs have. At least we played for the cup on three occasions, won a couple of president's trophies, and multiple individual awards. That's some success right there. Deal with it.

lmao man I like Vancouver and I even think that's nothing. Being 2nd best is nothing to be proud of. If you aren't 1st you're last. I wish winning the presidents trophy and settling for losing in the finals was enough to make me sleep at night.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Aww, isn't this cute? The butthurt one thinks he's being all tough and clever. :lol:

Not particularly, I'm just making idle conversation. How has your day been going?

I like Kessel a lot, but I gotta admit Seguin is unreal. I'm just happy he's lighting it up on Dallas and not Boston. Now Boston got destroyed in that trade with Dallas.

I certainly wouldn't say they got destroyed. The Bruins already had Krejci and Bergeron as their top 2 centers, who have been nothing but terrific for them throughout the years. In 81 playoff games, Krejci has 73 points, while Bergeron has 57 points. Meanwhile, Seguin had 18 points in 42 playoff games with the Bruins. Now I'm certainly not suggesting that Seguin is worse then Krejci or Bergeron, and his year this year during the regular season is proving that he is doing better offensively. However, the Bruins had no need for Seguin or his reported attitude problems. As for what the Bruins received in return, they got Eriksson, who is a winger (what they needed), who is +17 and has 35 points; and they also received Riley Smith who currently has 50 points and is a winger as well. I think it is safe to say that what the Bruins received in return is better then they orginally expected, based on the play of Smith.

lmao man I like Vancouver and I even think that's nothing. Being 2nd best is nothing to be proud of. If you aren't 1st you're last. I wish winning the presidents trophy and settling for losing in the finals was enough to make me sleep at night.

Of course winning the cup is what matters. But since you want to compare the Canucks with your laffs, don't get upset when people point out that we have done better than your team. The fact is, no, we haven't been complete failures, and telling yourself otherwise won't make it true. We have seen success compared to your team. If you don't like that, then maybe you should stop trying to lump us in with your team. After all, 2nd best is still better than where Toronto constantly finishes. I'd still rather be the Canucks than your team right now.

Archived