The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

31 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Very few moves so far at the deadline...are the Jays going to let it pass without some pitching help.

Ya not hearing much about Jays. All I keep hearing is rumours between Lucroy, Bruce, Sale and a couple Rays pitchers. All of which the Jays aren't in on. 

If if the Red Sox somehow get Sale and don't have to give up Moncada then that's a win for sure. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gmen81 said:

We can put the Hill and Reddick to Jays rumours to rest. Both have been traded to the Dodgers

I wouldnt have minded Hill..but we sure didnt need Reddick.,,looking more and more like no moves for the Jays....reason...money???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Very few moves so far at the deadline...are the Jays going to let it pass without some pitching help.

Hellikson is our plan c or d apparently, we Just lost out on plan B( Hill) but we're trying hard to land Santana right now.... However moneyball is trying to get minny to cover half the salary(kind of like the Upton deal)

2 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Hill scared me with his lingering blister problem. Never really seemed to go away the past month. 

Well they kept trying to rush him back, Romero used to have this problem too. With  us it would have been okay. We coulda gave him a week without throwing before we played him( because I'm sure Sanchez could handle two more starts) 

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

A name I've just heard mentioned is Odorizzi. Would be an okay addition. Nothing spectacular though.

I wouldnt mind Hellikson or Odorizzi..but they dont set my world on fire.

But I better get used to moneyball.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well they kept trying to rush him back, Romero used to have this problem too. With  us it would have been okay. We coulda gave him a week without throwing before we played him( because I'm sure Sanchez could handle two more starts) 

after yesterdays game it looks like Sanchez has that problem now...he was favoring a blister on his finger.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

I wouldnt mind Hellikson or Odorizzi..but they dont set my world on fire.

No, I agree with you.... Alright 4th guys and good as far as 5th guys go... Would be more of an insurance policy if we can't get something done in the next two hours. But it's going to be awfully hard for Momeyball North to aquire something good when they;

A) want teams to pay a big portion of the salary.

B ) Don't want to give up any decent prospects.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Would take a lot more than that to land Sale, but I'd rather them land him than have the prospect rich Red Sox land him. 

Would either team do Sale for Urias straight up?

Edited by gmen81

1 minute ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Would take a lot more than that to land Sale, but I'd rather them land him than have the prospect rich Red Sox land him. 

Yes it would take more but with getting Reddick it frees Puig up..Sale and Kershaw would be quite formidible