The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDSF: (2) New York Rangers vs (3) Philadelphia Flyers

Who will win the series?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Philly takes games two. Huge for them to steal one of the NY games.

Could very well have taken game one as well if they didn't take that double minor in the third.

They had under 20 shots in the first game so that's unlikely

And dammit rangers had this in the bag!

Hate the flyers. Beat em in 5 Rags!

I am pleasantly surprised.

Home ice now swings to Philly with them riding the momentum from the last win.

Rangers were swept by the Flyers on Philly ice during the season (similar to how the Flyers were swept on Ranger ice). Rangers are 1-4 against the Flyers in Philadelphia over the past 2 seasons.

Giroux was better but has still been contained. I am optimistic that with each game he is coming closer to breaking out of the cage he has been held in. If he does it is pretty much series over.

Zuccarello looks like Simmonds backpack

ibhvR78w0kflc9.gif

that looks like a nice play, but i guarantee every coach in the league (other than vigneault, who was probably licking his chops) was shaking his head when he walked it out in front of his own goal.

that looks like a nice play, but i guarantee every coach in the league (other than vigneault, who was probably licking his chops) was shaking his head when he walked it out in front of his own goal.

Well, as you can clearly see, Simmer is very good at protecting the puck and keeping it. He practically went through the whole Rags team before he scored the EN.

News update: Mason still out, Emery will be in for Game 3.

Random little note while Giroux has been contained and McD is getting lots of credit in the numbers Giroux is a +3 and McD is a -3

True True. Ether that or he cursed Lundqvist when he realized if they had 1 more man on the ice they could have taken advantage of that xD

Well, as you can clearly see, Simmer is very good at protecting the puck and keeping it. He practically went through the whole Rags team before he scored the EN.

News update: Mason still out, Emery will be in for Game 3.

Despite his strong game Emery still makes me extremely nervous. God Bless the Rangers terrible track record on finishing goals. #2 team in the NHL on SOG. #18 team in the NHL in goals scored. (Probably just Jinxed the Flyers)

http://nypost.com/2014/04/17/ticket-hoarding-rangers-fans-set-to-invade-philadelphia/

Savvy Rangers fans are taking their show on the road for the first-round series against the Flyers.

According to SeatGeek.com, there is a huge gap in the prices for tickets already sold on the secondary market between the games slated for Madison Square Garden and those at Wells Fargo Center. The games in New York (Games 1, 2 and, if necessary, 5 and 7) are averaging a sale price of $257.03, while the games in Philly (Games 3, 4 and, if necessary, 6) are averaging $131.63.

“So far, 30 percent of ticket buyers for [Games 3 and 4] have come from the NYC metro area,” said SeatGeek’s Connor Gregoire. “By comparison, only 4 percent of ticket buyers for Games 1 and 2 at MSG have come from the Philly metro area.

“Based on those numbers, it’s fair to expect much more of a Rangers-fan invasion in Philadelphia than vice versa.”

I am impressed, though those average ticket prices ouch, would actually be cheaper to just go down to Philly than go to MSG. Typically Philadelphia does a really good job of stuffing the area with orange shirts but it looks like this may be a fairly split crowd. Hopefully no one does anything over the top with both fan bases having fairly ugly behavior issues.

Carcillo should also be in the Rangers line up tonight (rumored anyway). Could be the most physical game of the series so far. Hopefully get a Rinaldo vs. Carcillo fight.

Interesting attendance stat. I remember reading the Flyers were the best team for attendance/revenue in the NHL outside of the original 6, but I guess when they play one of those teams, it's hard to compete in the post season especially with NY only being ~1hr drive from Philadelphia.

Steve Downie will miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Playoffs as he suffers from concussion-like symptoms.

Outside of his career concerns that makes him an interesting situation given he is in a contract UFA year.

Archived