The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Finding a gym buddy

Stefan

Man.. good call on trying to find a Gym Brother... I suffered a fall from grace to "mere mortal" status after moving away from all of mine. :(

If motivation is a problem then a Gym Partner is a great option, but I myself don't find it too difficult.

The gym for me is minutes away and I'm very convincing towards myself.

For the most part, thinking: "Just go or you'll regret it like every other time you didn't" is good enough for me.

If motivation is a problem then a Gym Partner is a great option, but I myself don't find it too difficult.

The gym for me is minutes away and I'm very convincing towards myself.

For the most part, thinking: "Just go or you'll regret it like every other time you didn't" is good enough for me.

I was pretty good for awhile without a partner, but the lifts I liked to do were most effective with a good spotter. If you're trying to gain you want someone there to help you squeeze out an extra few reps... I guess those days are behind me and I should just focus on fitness/exercise.

I never regret going to the gym but I don't enjoy it like I used to when I'd lift heavy. Really, I should just commit to an active hobby.

I was pretty good for awhile without a partner, but the lifts I liked to do were most effective with a good spotter. If you're trying to gain you want someone there to help you squeeze out an extra few reps... I guess those days are behind me and I should just focus on fitness/exercise.

I never regret going to the gym but I don't enjoy it like I used to when I'd lift heavy. Really, I should just commit to an active hobby.

Hockey?

Same gym as me. My times are pretty random though depending on my work schedule.

Usually there around 4-5PM. Sometimes I'm there around 7-8PM though. On the weekend I'm usually there earlier around 1-3PM.

I always have my headphones in and don't talk really though unless I see a few buddies.

Sweet. I'm there between 6-7. Used to go with my girlfriend. She got a new job, complicated shit.

We've probably seen each other more than a few times then. Heh.

Cool. We should try training together a few times.

I ddon't find motivation to be a problem. I just know I'll get better results with a dedicated spot, and someone telling me to do another rep

Archived