The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Canucks' Weights Next year

Bissurnette

Tanev is a very fragile hockey player who gets run into the boards on every shift... he needs to gain weight. I was hoping Sbisa would gain like 5lbs lol it's not a big deal. He's 24, this will probably be the last year he has to fill out his frame... so if he wants to play a rugged game in the west I was hoping he'd surpass the 200lbs mark. Really not sure how that would lead you to the conclusion that I want Sbisa to be overweight

He's had 3 injuries in his short NHL career but 2 of them are hand-related. A bit of a stretch to call him "very fragile".

I agree that he should probably pack on some weight but there's no need for him to hit 200lbs. I think 190-195lbs is just fine for him.

im 6'4 234 when i was 18 i was 6'0 165 i probably could get down to 215 if i ate super healthy but i swim a mile every day and hit gym hard so its a bunch of muscle mass im sure i could cut 4-5 percent of my body fat down im gonna up my cardio. Our prospects will be fine they need to eat healthy (steak and fruits and vegies) hit gym hard shinkaruk and virtanen will own league in 4-5 yrs

You're right, cutting weight is all about being punctual.

He's had 3 injuries in his short NHL career but 2 of them are hand-related. A bit of a stretch to call him "very fragile".

I agree that he should probably pack on some weight but there's no need for him to hit 200lbs. I think 190-195lbs is just fine for him.

I don't think he started seriously training until he started with Roberts. He has gained 5lbs a year under his training, and I'm expecting that to continue until he fills out his frame. I think he will top out at 195-200 by the time he is 28-29, but he won't have lost his quickness. I'm hoping he will be more explosive.

I thought Tanev was just under 195 by season's end, I think that is a fine weight for him. As for being fragile, he is going to be fine. I remember when they followed him around with a camera last off season, the guy does a lot of yoga is is very flexible. Really reduced the likelihood of joint injuries / groin strains.

Archived