The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 26, 2014 | 7:00 PM PT | SNET ONE

-Vintage Canuck-

How did gaunce/horvat look last night. I didn't get to watch the game as i had an opportunity to watch mcdavid mop the floor with the Windsor spitfires lol.

Guance played pretty well. Battle hard for the puck. Skated well. Used his size well.

He's going to turn out pretty good I think once he's ready. AHL will be a great league for him to keep getting better.

Went to the game last night. Was disappointing not to see Shinkaruk but happy to see Horvat and Vey. Some observations:

Horvat impressed me with "the little things" like his back checking and defensive zone awareness. Also tried to be creative on the offensive end. Wouldn't be disappointing to see him as 4C. Has size and doesn't get pushed off the puck.

Jensen surprised me with his speed and offensive flare. Certainly could make more of a case for him on the 2nd line than Kassian

Vey was excellent. Great wheels, playmaking and nose for the net. Certainly comfortable with him as 3C. More offensive upside than a guy like Richardson or Matthias in that role.

Was shocked to see Hansen hit the net and score. No doubt he can skate but generally has hands of stone. It's too bad Gills gave him a contract like he did cause it's costing a young guy a spot.

Rate the Players

You can find results of VAN vs CGY 3-0 pre-season game voting for players´ performances here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113078889810066540408/posts/RBTnRD6NDYy?pid=6064205224533737010&oid=113078889810066540408

Summary

Three best Canucks players (AVG):

1. Henrik Sedin - 4.67

2. Chris Tanev - 4.42

3. Radim Vrbata and Ryan Miller - 4.29

Three players with the most diverse ratings (VAR):

1. Joacim Eriksson - 0.77

2. Jannik Hansen - 0.76

3. Tom Sestito - 0.69

Overall rating is 3.61

Goaltenders > Defensemen > Forwards

Archived