The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) Need Your Help!

PRIMO88

Hey Guys. Id like to thank you in advance for any help. Today was my first draft. I came out of it ok considering my computer died during my turn and i auto picked ben bishop over many notable i wanted like shea weber and duchene but here is my question. In our draft we picked 4 bench players to switch in and out ( not sure if this is normal or not). After the draft i noticed that Mark Sheifele was undrafted and is a sleeper pick on alot of online drafts. My bench picks are Ales Hemsky, Mike Cammaleri, Galchenyuk and Alex Semin. Which of these, if any, should i switch out for Sheifele? Wish me luck and thanks again!

switch gally. or Hemsky

I strongly disagree with this.

Hemsky + Spezza had excellent chemistry in Ottawa and I expect it will continue in Dallas. Galchenyuk just keeps growing and Montreal just keeps getting better all around, no reason to drop Gally.

Semin would be the only one I would consider dropping - and that is simply because of the fact that Carolina is already so badly gimped with the losses of J. Staal & Skinner.

Second choice COULD be Cammalleri; only because of the style New Jersey is famous for - I worry it will hurt his output, however, I would still take a NJ Coached Cammalleri over Alex Semin most nights.

Schiefele could be a great pick, I don't think he'll be a victim of the sophomore slump, and Winnipeg HAS to score to be competitive with Pavelec in net.

- I still think Winnipeg sucks as a team right now though, but they should out produce Carolina until they have J. Staal & Skinner back.

Im really sorry that i cant answer the questions. Its my first time and i just decided to do it an hour before it started just to make the season a bit more fun so i dont know what standard scoring is. I think of the 3 im going to drop Semin though. We only have 15 moves all season so do you guys think i should risk someone picking up sheifele and see how Semin does first or just do the switch right away. Also its important to note that i already have Black Wheeler and E.Kane by accident so i dont know if i want all 3.

Im really sorry that i cant answer the questions. Its my first time and i just decided to do it an hour before it started just to make the season a bit more fun so i dont know what standard scoring is. I think of the 3 im going to drop Semin though. We only have 15 moves all season so do you guys think i should risk someone picking up sheifele and see how Semin does first or just do the switch right away. Also its important to note that i already have Black Wheeler and E.Kane by accident so i dont know if i want all 3.

That's key right there. I'm a big fan of Scheifele, but in the kind of pool it sounds like you're in, I don't think having all 3 helps you, if the line goes quiet, that's 3 guys not producing instead of just one. You'd be banking too much on that line. Not saying I'd keep Semin because I'm sure there's better options out there, but I don't think grabbing Scheifele is the right move if you already have both his linemates.

That's key right there. I'm a big fan of Scheifele, but in the kind of pool it sounds like you're in, I don't think having all 3 helps you, if the line goes quiet, that's 3 guys not producing instead of just one. You'd be banking too much on that line. Not saying I'd keep Semin because I'm sure there's better options out there, but I don't think grabbing Scheifele is the right move if you already have both his linemates.

This is exactly what ive been thinking. Ive been trying to trade Kane for Vrbata or Nyquist because i want to pick up sheifele but dont want all 3 together.

Archived