The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion/Proposal] A Different 2nd Line

After the first four games, Sedins and Vrbata have impressed but secondary scoring is an issue. As the team stands right now our forward group stands like this:

Daniel-Henrik-Vrbata-------->Line 1

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows---> Line 2

Vey-Richardson-Kassian---> Line 3

Dorsett-Mathias-Hansen--->Line 4

My question to you guys is that can the should the Canucks aquired a good second liner and shuffle the lines around so they look like:

Daniel-Henrik-Vrbata

Player Y--Vey-Burrows

Higgins-Richardon-Kassian

Dorsett-Horvat-Mathias

A player like Jeff Skinner might be a perfect fit at that spot.

Vancouver:

Skinner

Carolina:

Jensen

2015/2016 First Round Pick

Bonino

2nd/3rd Round Pick 2015

I feel like this would be less to get Skinner but what other winger fit there and for that price

Flame Away

After the first four games, Sedins and Vrbata have impressed but secondary scoring is an issue. As the team stands right now our forward group stands like this:

Daniel-Henrik-Vrbata-------->Line 1

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows---> Line 2

Vey-Richardson-Kassian---> Line 3

Dorsett-Mathias-Hansen--->Line 4

My question to you guys is that can the should the Canucks aquired a good second liner and shuffle the lines around so they look like:

Daniel-Henrik-Vrbata

Player Y--Vey-Burrows

Higgins-Richardon-Kassian

Dorsett-Horvat-Mathias

A player like Jeff Skinner might be a perfect fit at that spot.

Vancouver:

Skinner

Carolina:

Jensen

2015/2016 First Round Pick

Bonino

2nd/3rd Round Pick 2015

I feel like this would be less to get Skinner but what other winger fit there and for that price

Flame Away

Considering his value as of now, we are over paying a little.

And we just acquired Bonino to be our 2nd line center. If we traded him, our center depth will be very shaky.

Hank

Bones

Richardson

Matthias

Vey

Non of them are 2nd line centers. So no to this trade.

Jeff Skinner is one brisk haircut from an angry Italian barber away from drinking his soup through a straw.

His value is not only no where near that high as he has not replicated his one decent season or even come close, but the second someone large out west leans on him he's out with a long term concussion.

Criminal over payment on a massive liability

if anything i would shuffle the 3rd adn 4th lines put kassian with dorsett and mathias or bring in horvat to play centre on the 4th and put the mathias richardson kassian line back together who were really good end of last year.... i dont know why everyone is on our second line right now. brand new centre needs time to gel with his linemates...

Jeff Skinner is one brisk haircut from an angry Italian barber away from drinking his soup through a straw.

His value is not only no where near that high as he has not replicated his one decent season or even come close, but the second someone large out west leans on him he's out with a long term concussion.

Criminal over payment on a massive liability

So who do you think could be there. If that package is too good for a Skinner it's too less for a Taylor Hall. So what player could fit there and be like a Jeff Carter with Pearson and Toffoli

So who do you think could be there. If that package is too good for a Skinner it's too less for a Taylor Hall. So what player could fit there and be like a Jeff Carter with Pearson and Toffoli

Bo Horvat. Niklas Jensen, Hunter Shinkaruk, Dane Fox, Curtis Valk.

Our forward grouping is fine once WD gets his lines together properly.

If that package goes anywhere for any reason it's for an up and coming stud RH PMD. We don't need more forwards right now, especially not slight skinny ones with concussion issues. Targeting younger larger bodied and more mobile D men who can QB a PP unit is our need, and we need a minimum of two of them moving forward.

Archived