The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vision Vancouver Uses taxpayers money to buy votes

Violator

What?

I was simply pointing out what instead to vote for!

Better yet, just get enough money to donate to a party that will fufill your wishes and desires for what you want out of city hall!

Or just move to a city where things are more intermit and less political.

Real stories: I have had beers with my mayor in the bar, but if I say my address in City Hall (or no doubt to the mayor should I run into him again) they will go into "don't touch it with a ten foot pole" more faster than you can say "basement"!

Peter Armstrong personally donated $470K to Kirk Lapoint's campaign. Does that not raise an equal or greater amount of concern to Vision's pandering to Unions? Is no one concerned with what Armstrong bought with that $470K? It seems shady and I don't believe for one millisecond that there isn't a back about to scratched if the NPA win.

Peter Armstrong personally donated $470K to Kirk Lapoint's campaign. Does that not raise an equal or greater amount of concern to Vision's pandering to Unions? Is no one concerned with what Armstrong bought with that $470K? It seems shady and I don't believe for one millisecond that there isn't a back about to scratched if the NPA win.

That's the reality of political parties.

People spend the wealth that they made off the back of others (rightfully or wrongfully - it's beside the point) so that they themselves (or their assets) benefit.

Robertson is one slimebag of a politician but individuals like Aquilini still support him. Aquilini isn't dumb. It's just the case that taxpayers are going to be screwed while the wealthy elite are probably going to catch a break somewhere.

Archived