The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disney Announces May 26, 2017 Release Date For Star Wars Episode VIII "Rogue One"

the last outlaw

4 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

You're right, it LOOKED great - but the dialogue was atrocious. "I'm a rebel" - bully for you sweetheart, ain't no-one quaking in their boots down at Rebel HQ.

Every line of dialogue in that trailer sounded poorly delivered, and badly written. Context is badly needed, but I for one won't be watching it. You have one chance to win an audience - your trailer - and if it's bad, you're doomed. Like Warcraft is.

I must admit I didn't bother listening to the dialogue too much. I rarely do in trailers as they are just sound bites.

I liked the action sequences I saw. I liked the gist of a 'rogue' Alliance member that appears to just want to kick some Empire ass. 

I will let you know how the movie goes. ::D 

7 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

Every line of dialogue in that trailer sounded poorly delivered, and badly written. 

As opposed to the space-opera themed 'Macbeth' level dialogue in the rest of the assorted Star Wars catalogue :lol:

23 minutes ago, J.R. said:

As opposed to the space-opera themed 'Macbeth' level dialogue in the rest of the assorted Star Wars catalogue :lol:

Ignoring Episodes I-III, the other Star Wars films are War and Peace compared to this tripe. The dialogue is College-level media studies.

50 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

Ignoring Episodes I-III, the other Star Wars films are War and Peace compared to this tripe. The dialogue is College-level media studies.

Come on, even IV-VI are immensely campy and dare I say cheesy. I mean I-III took it to new levels but NONE of the series is Shakespeare. Let's not kid ourselves here.

On June 1, 2016 at 4:37 AM, Bob.Loblaw said:

Well, I do expect the OP to change the release date, now that time has passed.  But I must mention something....

Disney has ordered a crap ton of re-shoots for Rogue One.  That is a really bad sign because it means it didn't test well at all and many changes are needed.  Not good.

It hasn't been seen by test audiences, it didn't make it that far before the reshoots. 

It's really not that big a deal, they did reshoots for Episode VII weeks before release apparently. Most fans thought that movie turned out alright.

44 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Come on, even IV-VI are immensely campy and dare I say cheesy. I mean I-III took it to new levels but NONE of the series is Shakespeare. Let's not kid ourselves here.

That demonstrates exactly how bad this dialogue is, for it to be so much worse.

Archived