The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) The Lack trade

1. This rumour of a Lack trade is pure scuttlebutt at best (do you know any Province writers who speculate much?). I'd be very surprised is a decision to trade a goalie has been made. In the most recent Benning interview (May 29) he said that the management group were discussing the pro team in detail over the next couple of weeks and decisions will be made after this round of meetings. So, until they go through the entire roster, decisions are not likely to be made on individual players.
  2. Obviously, one of the 3 roster goalies must be moved. I think the bottom line is that it is between Miller and Lack. In 2 years, when Lack's new contract is active he is likely to have a cap hit near $4M. Even for one year, I think that it is highly unlikely then to carry $10M on one position when half of it is sitting on the bench in any given game.
  3. My opinion is that Benning will try to move Miller first because he is older and has a higher salary. Only if he can't move Miller (which is very possible) will he try to move Lack.

Not a bad trade value wise as he is USA after this next season. That being said best thing would be to trade miller

I really don't think JB and TL want to trade Lack. They'll do their damnedest to move Miller and go with a Lack Markstrom combo next year. I think one thing is certain and that is a goalie will be traded off their roster

Just a heads up. We JUSt had Jackson Whistle of the Kelowna Rockets on a PTO and Benning/Linden said they'd offer him another next young stars tourny.

We don't really need more young goalies yet

He looks ok, sloppy at times but gets the job done. Also where did you hear this?

Archived