The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Cody Hodgson Could Be Bought Out

Im arguing against blind illogical judgement base on insane notions and refusals to accept logic and reality. Im not going down the rabbit hole on why nolan misused hodgson but if we both accept that he did we are on the same side as far as i care to concern myself.

Deal.

I get it now. Any criticism is hatred, while defending at all costs is the norm with Cody supporters.

So long as you persist with twisting (or altogether ignoring) what I have actually said merely to rush on with repeating your refrain, it's just not interesting.

Have a good day.

I think I mixed you up with the other Cody-supporter there. Even so you seem to ignore your share of points. Blinders. I'll state once again. Hodgson is being considered for a buyout. Do you deny that that is a red flag? You guys keep evading that part.

The idea that Hodgson is being considered for a buyout because of scapegoating is so stupid. Wow!!

Edit; I somehow responded to two posts at the same time. I put the mikeburn response in italics.

Sigh. Well, I gave engaging in a genuine discussion with you a shot, but it didn't work out. Go figure. So long as you persist with twisting (or altogether ignoring) what I have actually said merely to rush on with repeating your refrain, it's just not interesting.

Have a good day.

So long as you persist with twisting (or altogether ignoring) what I have actually said merely to rush on with repeating your refrain, it's just not interesting.

Have a good day.

I get it now. Any criticism is hatred, while defending at all costs is the norm with Cody supporters.

I think I mixed you up with the other Cody-supporter there. Even so you seem to ignore your share of points. Blinders. I'll state once again. Hodgson is being considered for a buyout. Do you deny that that is a red flag? You guys keep evading that part.

The idea that Hodgson is being considered for a buyout because of scapegoating is so stupid. Wow!!

Edit; I somehow responded to two posts at the same time. I put the mikeburn response in italics.

Have a good day.

How is it stupid? The gm spent the whole year making his team suck and then didnt even get the number one pick. He looks like a complete fool. Now hes scrambling to save face. Not long ago he leaked the whole Eichel says hes gonna be better than McDavid fiasco. Are we actually arguing whether he is a stooge or not?

Im arguing against blind illogical judgement base on insane notions and refusals to accept logic and reality. Im not going down the rabbit hole on why nolan misused hodgson but if we both accept that he did we are on the same side as far as i care to concern myself.

Fact: Hodgson is being considered for a buyout. =unreality illogical insane. Assumptions about misuse makes so much more sense!

And you guys pretend that you have such an open mind.

My point exactly. Again you turn the base of the argument against you and put it on the one challenging you. Dont ever argue with an idiot folks. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thank God I forget about CDC threads and people pretty quickly. This board is purely entertainment for me.

Have a good day.

It's not a refrain. I keep repeating it because you keep ignoring it. So do you also believe that he is on the bubble because of misuse or scape-goating? I know you will just evade the point or make an assumption to back your points. It's funny that opinion is being passed as fact while actual facts are totally ignored or twisted into a positive.

I also know that you will continue to spew opinions and try to pass them for logic. You were right about one thing; there's no point in trying to discuss with posters who have such obvious bias. Respew-it won't matter because, thankfully, Hodgson will never be a Canuck again

It's not his fault, poor Cody! That's a paraphrase of almost every point made by his supporters.

Fact: Hodgson is being considered for a buyout. =unreality illogical insane. Assumptions about misuse makes so much more sense!

And you guys pretend that you have such an open mind.

What you just said would fail a grade six english paper i couldnt make sense out of that if i hit my head with a two by four.

What you just said would fail a grade six english paper i couldnt make sense out of that if i hit my head with a two by four.

Not surprising. I'm pretty sure almost everyone else who reads that post will understand my point.

I believe it. That explains alot.

Thank God I forget about CDC threads and people pretty quickly. This board is purely entertainment for me.

I'd highly recommend picking up golf. Or even taking in a movie on the big screen. CDC's entertainment value rapidly fades, at least for me, when the discussion devolves into circular rehashing of the same old. Insertion of some genuine whit would be swell.

Anyway, on a somewhat related (to this thread/Hodgson) note, did you catch McKenzie's comment on Grigorenko earlier today? (http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-on-free-agents-trades-and-more-1.307528). I'm curious if you think Grigorenko's future might have any impact on the ultimate Hodgson decision?

In theory anyway, if too many of the following were to unfold, TM could go rapidly from having an abundance of center options to having as few pickings as last season...

Hodgson bought out/traded

Grigorenko to the KHL

Reinhart ends up not NHL ready or at least not 2C ready

Eichel remains in Boston

Reinhart and/or Eichel actually get developed old-school way with 3rd line sheltering

Injuries actually occur...

That'd leave Girgensens and Larrson of course, but man I'd love to see Girgensens as a power winger rather than another year trying to be both a play maker and defensive gap filler for Moulson & Ennis again.

It's not a refrain. I keep repeating it because you keep ignoring it. So do you also believe that he is on the bubble because of misuse or scape-goating? I know you will just evade the point or make an assumption to back your points. It's funny that opinion is being passed as fact while actual facts are totally ignored or twisted into a positive.

I also know that you will continue to spew opinions and try to pass them for logic. You were right about one thing; there's no point in trying to discuss with posters who have such obvious bias. Respew-it won't matter because, thankfully, Hodgson will never be a Canuck again

It's not his fault, poor Cody! That's a paraphrase of almost every point made by his supporters.

Have a good day.

His buyout isn't much more than 1 year's salary.

There's no way that he'll go play in the KHL.

I'd call 'not much more than' $4.25m a hell of a payout myself. Not sure how many silver spoons you had in your mouth at birth but where I come from, Cody could never work again. As for the KHL, why not? He's a skill player who would look good on several teams lacking scoring.

So, you get your jollies from ripping on people who dont deserve it over the internet? Cool beans bro. Internet tough guy award candidate.

An internet tough guy is somebody who threatens people through a keyboard. I've never threatened anybody over the internet in my life.

I haven't been "ripping on you". I've just made the observation that you're a drama queen. That's a fact, nothing more and nothing less.

I'd call 'not much more than' $4.25m a hell of a payout myself. Not sure how many silver spoons you had in your mouth at birth but where I come from, Cody could never work again. As for the KHL, why not? He's a skill player who would look good on several teams lacking scoring.

It's a lot of money, but not in comparison to what the whole contract was worth. Most of the KHL is teetering on bankruptcy.

The KHL and other leagues are usually for washed up players. Cody is not yet a washed up player. He'll find an NHL team if he is bought out.

I'd highly recommend picking up golf. Or even taking in a movie on the big screen. CDC's entertainment value rapidly fades, at least for me, when the discussion devolves into circular rehashing of the same old. Insertion of some genuine whit would be swell.

Anyway, on a somewhat related (to this thread/Hodgson) note, did you catch McKenzie's comment on Grigorenko earlier today? (http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-on-free-agents-trades-and-more-1.307528). I'm curious if you think Grigorenko's future might have any impact on the ultimate Hodgson decision?

In theory anyway, if too many of the following were to unfold, TM could go rapidly from having an abundance of center options to having as few pickings as last season...

Hodgson bought out/traded

Grigorenko to the KHL

Reinhart ends up not NHL ready or at least not 2C ready

Eichel remains in Boston

Reinhart and/or Eichel actually get developed old-school way with 3rd line sheltering

Injuries actually occur...

That'd leave Girgensens and Larrson of course, but man I'd love to see Girgensens as a power winger rather than another year trying to be both a play maker and defensive gap filler for Moulson & Ennis again.

Murray has already said that he is going to tender Grigorenko a qualifying offer. It will be up to Bylsma to decide how he will be used.

Darcy Regier put a large dent in Grigorenko's development, so I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to the wing either.

Archived