The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) nj-van la-van nsh-van min-van

to nj: vey

to van: 3rd pick 2016 (det)

vey has over stayed his welcome and its time to manage your losses before his value gets too low to salvage the 2nd pick it costed to acquire him. nj could use some young forwards like us and unlike here he has a chance to play RW in the top 9 where he could get his career off the mat

to min: prust

to van: 3rd pick 2017

min went from clutterbuck to cooke to...prust. they have no 4th line toughness and prust fills that role

to nsh: vrbata

to van: 1st pick 2016

nsh needs some goal scoring and they need to make the playoffs. vrbata fills a 2nd line scoring need that they lack

to la: hamhuis

to van: 1st pick 2017

hamhuis has a ntc and i doubt he'll wanna leave his hometown for a team not competing for a stanley cup and la has just under 5 million in capspace so i see them as the best suitor. obviously we would all rather have a 2016 1st rounder for hammer but la dealt that away for sekera at last years trade deadline.

next years line up

sedin-sedin-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

gaunce-sutter-hansen

higgins-mccann-dorsett

kenins-shinkaruk

edler-tanev

sbisa-weber

hutton-corrado

biega

we have a youthful forward line up but a shaky blueline so could use an improve on the right side

to nj: vey

to van: 3rd pick 2016 (det)

vey has over stayed his welcome and its time to manage your losses before his value gets too low to salvage the 2nd pick it costed to acquire him. nj could use some young forwards like us and unlike here he has a chance to play RW in the top 9 where he could get his career off the mat

to min: prust

to van: 3rd pick 2017

min went from clutterbuck to cooke to...prust. they have no 4th line toughness and prust fills that role

to nsh: vrbata

to van: 1st pick 2016

nsh needs some goal scoring and they need to make the playoffs. vrbata fills a 2nd line scoring need that they lack

to la: hamhuis

to van: 1st pick 2017

hamhuis has a ntc and i doubt he'll wanna leave his hometown for a team not competing for a stanley cup and la has just under 5 million in capspace so i see them as the best suitor. obviously we would all rather have a 2016 1st rounder for hammer but la dealt that away for sekera at last years trade deadline.

next years line up

sedin-sedin-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

gaunce-sutter-hansen

higgins-mccann-dorsett

kenins-shinkaruk

edler-tanev

sbisa-weber

hutton-corrado

biega

we have a youthful forward line up but a shaky blueline so could use an improve on the right side

I hope we would try to add someone through FA...

But I can see hamhuis and vrbata getting a little more, or is this more of a worst case scenario (the 2 having weak years)?

I hope we would try to add someone through FA...

But I can see hamhuis and vrbata getting a little more, or is this more of a worst case scenario (the 2 having weak years)?

It's hard to say their worth right now but I'd say this would be a safe bet/generic value for them

From a Canucks perspective, I'd do the first 3 now if the other teams would go for it. I don't think losing Vey would make the team noticeably worse. Losing Prust would be hard on Dorsett this season but I'm not optimistic about Prust's level of play (I hope I'm wrong.) It's close whether to deal him at this time.

Vrbata is a strange situation. He may do fine with Horvat and Baertschi, but I'm worried his production could drop and his value with it. For that reason if trading him now brings a 1st, I'd take it and hope that Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen works out and that the growing pains and inevitable mistakes don't send WD to the hospital with a heart attack.

Imo the Canucks' defence is strong enough to trade Hamhuis for a pick at this time. Weber did ok with Hamhuis last season but he and Sbisa together (as in the op's lineup's 2nd pairing above) was a trainwreck. It seems to me that Benning's stated position, not signing him yet but waiting to see how things go (which I think covers things like where the salary cap goes and the level of play of Hamhuis and others) makes sense.

Archived