The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rock Trivia(no lazy googlin' now...)

Nuxfanabroad

Incredibly diverse LP. I think it was the solo debut for this gifted soft rocker. The big hit came to represent a philosophy of the California hippie-types. Love this album.

It was in the can, & Jimi passed. Hence it was subsequently dedicated to James Marshall Hendrix.

I can't rember the exact name but did the album contain a street name and number and claptons cover of I shot the sherrif?

461 Ocean Blvd

Cover photo was the pad in Florida EC stayed, & recorded some of the material.

well I was wrong.

but that album is great. Was one of my first albums. I think I was about ten when I bought it. That and a stones album.

was that addres where Clapton was staying while he was "cleaning up"?

well I was wrong.

but that album is great. Was one of my first albums. I think I was about ten when I bought it. That and a stones album.

was that addres where Clapton was staying while he was "cleaning up"?

Think of a 2-decade janitor, with mop & bucket..likely "cleaned up" less than EC did, from most reports.

Read the biography of Patti Boyd(beauty married to Harrison, then his bud, Clapton), & it's supposedly a miracle he's lived this long.

Did you know Clapton's dad was Cdn(WW2 baby), he had a half bro in Van who also played guitar & had substance issues? Was reading this in a Van daily, some 20 yrs back...

Think of a 2-decade janitor, with mop & bucket..likely "cleaned up" less than EC did, from most reports.

Read the biography of Patti Boyd(beauty married to Harrison, then his bud, Clapton), & it's supposedly a miracle he's lived this long.

Did you know Clapton's dad was Cdn(WW2 baby), he had a half bro in Van who also played guitar & had substance issues? Was reading this in a Van daily, some 20 yrs back...

unreal.

must be in the Dna of star musicians

Ever met any of the legends nux?

a guy that used to work for me had a good story of his dad (bar musician at the time) 

anyways rod Stuart and co rolled up on him in a limo and asked where there may be a party.  It went on from there as to be expected.

unfortunately I've never met any of the greats.  I'm 39, so a bit late.

Ever met any of the legends nux?

a guy that used to work for me had a good story of his dad (bar musician at the time) 

anyways rod Stuart and co rolled up on him in a limo and asked where there may be a party.  It went on from there as to be expected.

unfortunately I've never met any of the greats.  I'm 39, so a bit late.

No, afraid I never really got the chance-didn't hang out in them circles.

47 now, & I realize how strongly music brings back vivid memories. Whether good times or hard, music's always connecting & sorting out the nostalgia.

Interesting to hear the 60's & 70's tales..them guys got away with everything, & nothing was PC-maybe that's why the tunes were so great? :^)

No, afraid I never really got the chance-didn't hang out in them circles.

47 now, & I realize how strongly music brings back vivid memories. Whether good times or hard, music's always connecting & sorting out the nostalgia.

Interesting to hear the 60's & 70's tales..them guys got away with everything, & nothing was PC-maybe that's why the tunes were so great? :^)

that and music wasn't bought and sold so quickly and easily.

well it's another reason.  There are a few.

great thread.  Not sure I could stump you.

but I'll throw this out.

theme is "inspiration/creation"

what band and song title is led Zeppelin "inspired" by  in the writing of their most famous song?

that and music wasn't bought and sold so quickly and easily.

well it's another reason.  There are a few.

great thread.  Not sure I could stump you.

but I'll throw this out.

theme is "inspiration/creation"

what band and song title is led Zeppelin "inspired" by  in the writing of their most famous song?

Good ? riff, you've got me there(Stairway, of course?) I know off Zep lV another tune was tribute to the (then) gorgeous Joni Mitchell. Page & Plant both really dug Joni, I've read.

Also, which UK artist suggested they never wrote ballads, which prompted the beautiful 'Rain Song'?

Archived