The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buying a phone off eBay sellers?

7 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I'm just looking at some of the phones they're selling.  They are like 99.7% approval and they're selling hundreds.  It's on the front page and eBay Canada sent me an email.  How... reliable is this stuff?

I know a few people who have done the same thing buying off guys with a ton of phones.  I don't know how the people get all the phones, but apparently they are usually old display phones or something and are completely legit.  

Don't take my word for it, but as far as I know there is a lot of reputable sources out there.

45 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I'm just looking at some of the phones they're selling.  They are like 99.7% approval and they're selling hundreds.  It's on the front page and eBay Canada sent me an email.  How... reliable is this stuff?

Ebay's ratings are "usually" pretty good; but you also have alot of people that have negative ratings/transactions removed, so take it with a grain of salt, the higher the better, but, beyond that, just be careful, I use Paypal for the simple fact that if there IS a problem with the transaction, you can file a dispute with paypal, and get your money back most of the time(I've never had any issues)

No risk for you. If you aren't happy with it, buyer is obligated to make it right for you or risk having problems with his account. 

You can always open a case and unless eBay thinks you are scamming the seller, they will always side with you. (Providing its a valid reason). 

Just bought a Samsung S5 Active that promised good condition... normally 500-600 brand new got it used for $350 and at "9.5/10" and it came without a single scratch, like brand new 2 weeks in and no drawbacks to it.

The guys username was " zeecellz ". Would definitely buy again.

I personally wouldn't.  I use to work for eBay Australia and even a 99.7% rating might not be all that good.  Read the negative comments and see what the comments state.  Check to see what other items they are selling and see if they've "padded" their feedback by selling random crap.

The location also is important.  I'd stay away from people selling you any expensive electronics that are located in Asia.  Message the seller and ask specific questions and if they reply with generic specs on the phone, I'd stay away too.

Archived