The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hank played with Broken finger.

HC20.0

I'm reminded of a legend I once heard about him having the tip of his broken pinky finger aputated to continue a season, earlier in his career.

Don't know the details exactly...

...but everyone wonders why he got the nicname "pinky" tho.

Seriously, these bro's are dedicated more than most people will ever give them credit for.

I don't buy into the "Canucks/NHL" conspiracy theory either, but you have to admit that the refs in the 2011 S/C final had the "just let them play" attitude that definitely favoured the Bruins. I too remember cringing watching Marchant goad Daniel, I'm thinking, Danny do something! Anything, a push back of any sort might have changed the momentum the Bruins gained at that point.

In fairness though, they have both been great players for van, can't imagine how our team would have looked without them.

As for being soft? I don't think being "soft" produces Hank's ironman streak or playing thru injuries and pain in both reg season and playoffs past. Maybe a better question is "are they tough"? No. But they are in no way soft. 

53 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I don't buy into the "Canucks/NHL" conspiracy theory either, but you have to admit that the refs in the 2011 S/C final had the "just let them play" attitude that definitely favoured the Bruins. I too remember cringing watching Marchant goad Daniel, I'm thinking, Danny do something! Anything, a push back of any sort might have changed the momentum the Bruins gained at that point.

"just let them play" is how we want and how it has always been with playoff ref's. Was it OK for that ref to not call a penalty on Marchand? NO. That was over the top... as was Sedins non-reaction.

In fairness though, they have both been great players for van, can't imagine how our team would have looked without them.

Certainly would have been different... for better or worse.

As for being soft? I don't think being "soft" produces Hank's ironman streak or playing thru injuries and pain in both reg season and playoffs past. Maybe a better question is "are they tough"? No. But they are in no way soft. 

:blink: :P

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Saying they're not tough is wrong too. They aren't "physical", but they are most certainly tough and most definitely not soft.

4 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Maybe a better question is "are they tough"? No. But they are in no way soft. 

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Saying they're not tough is wrong too. They aren't "physical", but they are most certainly tough and most definitely not soft.

OK, I'll give you guys the "not soft" thing. I have seen them play through losing teeth and the like. Wrong word used.

They lack the ability and strength to play physical. When the going gets tough, the Sedins get pushed over. They cannot give a hit, and more importantly, they are taken out of the play easily when taking a hit.

1 minute ago, J2Dzilla said:

Canucks were better with Sedins playing. That being said, If it were to happen again next year my bet is management might step in and say to take it off. Give another young guy a try.

Yup, if youngsters have stepped it up a few notches, and hopefully we draft one of those elite players that can/might be nhl'ers right away. We'll just have to wait and see.

Archived