The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drafting Defense

On 5/20/2016 at 4:52 PM, Honky Cat said:

Wasn't Tyler Myers one of Jim Bennings picks?...He went 12th overall...i haven't watched him enough to know id he's been a success or just average in his career.?.....Looking at OP's stats,it does look like there is a tremendous amount of luck involved in drafting a D (more so than a forward..IMO)..We have been lucky with Edler,Tanev and hopefully Tryamkin.

I will agree with Alf,that we should just scout and draft as many as possible..and lets the odds fall where they may.

Myers had elite #1 D-man potential in his early part of his career. Now, he's basically peaked as a #2. He's better off as the #2 D-man and not the #1 D-man that build around.

6 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Myers had elite #1 D-man potential in his early part of his career. Now, he's basically peaked as a #2. He's better off as the #2 D-man and not the #1 D-man that build around.

We also could do worse than having a 6'8'' D man who can skate & scores 25 or 30 odd points...

On May 21, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Ojibwa72 said:

I totally agree on needs. I would go so far as to say with the 5th pick we need Juolevi or Chychrun (in that order). I know I will get hammered for this but I do believe you need to build a team from the net out and we already do have Demko in the system for net and now we need to get the D to provide the longevity so as we won't make the mistakes the leafs always have with a very good goalie but no D and have them burnt out in a year or 2.

juolevi or chrychrun is what the team needs nit another center we have sedin sutter horvat mccann granlund and gaunce   our d corp is what needs fixing    edler tryamkin huttton  plus one of these dmen would be a nice top 4  

Archived