The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Bring Em Home

This proposal may be far fetched in the names that we acquire, but not far fetched as it would work with the cap, as well as giving us $3M in space left over. Lets start with our guys first.

Sign Baertschi (2 years @ $2M a year)

Sign Etem (1 year @ $950K)

Sign Pedan (1 year @ 900K)

Also Im sure there will be others of the RFA group that get resigned bit those are the main ones

Now to the Free agents pool. This is where I become the true Homer

Sign....... Andrew Ladd (4 years @ $5.5m) An increase of $1.1M from his last contract. 30 years old with some game left. Also from Maple Ridge

Sign........ Milan Lucic (6 years @ $.6.5M) An increase of $500K but he gets the term and gets to play in his home city. Would be a great addition to at only 28

Sign....... Troy Brouwer (3 years @ $4.6M) An increase of $1M from his existing contract. A big body to play with the Sedins and to help the PK and PP. From Delta and only 30 

Now the trades... McCann, Hansen and Sbisa + a 2017 or 2018 pick To Colorado for Tyson Barrie.... Another Vancouver Boy. 26 and an RFA, sign him to a 7 year deal @ $6M per. Replaces Hamhuis and solidifies our top 4. 

Trade Dorsett to a team that needs grit for a playoff run. Eventually trade miller later in the year. We have the cap to pull it off

Lines

Sedin-Sedin-Brouwer

Lucic-Sutter-Ladd

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Gaunce-Granlund-Etem

Edler-Tanev

Barrie-Hutton

Tryamkin-Pedan

Miller

Markstrom

There you have it. Team BC haha

Flame away

2 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

The BC Boys only like hanging out in Kelowna, plus I doubt they could afford to live here for fear of being bought out by foreigners

Hey now, I live in the Okanagan. Great place. But no doubt. Damn Chinese investers 

4 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

NOOOOOO to signing Lucic for 6 years at 6.5

Max I'd give him would be 4 years at 6.5  A man his size isn't always going to be able to move so fast. 

Im game for both Ladd but I think he wants 6 years as well

You're probably right. Less term for Lucic may be good. But pay him more money for less term or less money for more term? And if you say gave Ladd 6 years... takes him to 36. I'd want a leader like him to mentor the kids. 

On May 22, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Bur14Kes17 said:

NOOOOOO to signing Lucic for 6 years at 6.5

Max I'd give him would be 4 years at 6.5  A man his size isn't always going to be able to move so fast. 

Im game for both Ladd but I think he wants 6 years as well

I agree, getting Luc would be cool, but that's too long..also get rid of Edler, I know he's popular, but I watched almost every game last year, he's great 20% of the time, the rest he's a give away machine, bring up Subban or Stecher, or draft Juvoli or whatever his name is for your top 6 D corps..other than that, I like your thinking there Tyl....

Archived