The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wings looking for defence (proposal)

Alex Edler + 2017 2nd round pick 

for

Gustav Nyquist  + 2017 1st round pick

Its simple. The red wings need defence and we need scoring. Alex Edler would be slotted in as their best Dman right off the bat. Since the ufa defence market is very thin this trade makes a lot of sense. Let them overpay for free agent scoring. 

Re - sign Dan Hamhuis. 4 years 4 million aav. 

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Nyquist Sutter Hansen 

Baer Bo Burr

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Hamhuis Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Sbisa Trymankin 

Pedan Biega

Markstrom

Miller 

Could work? I'd love to have Nyquist, but not sure DET would be willing to part with him. Edler could possibly waive for DET as well. Don't think DET would be adding to their offer though, could be the opposite.

to DET: Edler (30) + 4th

to VAN: Nyquist (26)

DET has always liked Edler is the speculation.

But I doubt they give us Nyquist and a 1st even if we throw in a 2nd. 

In fact, now that Datsyuk is gone for sure, I don't see them giving up Nyquist at all. 

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Could work? I'd love to have Nyquist, but not sure DET would be willing to part with him. Edler could possibly waive for DET as well. Don't think DET would be adding to their offer though, could be the opposite.

This would prove a lot better if Edler is willing.

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

DET has always liked Edler is the speculation.

But I doubt they give us Nyquist and a 1st even if we throw in a 2nd. 

In fact, now that Datsyuk is gone for sure, I don't see them giving up Nyquist at all. 

Maybe substitute Mantha for Nyquist. I'd say trading for scoring winger instead of overpaying an FA is the better path. Especially with our all of a sudden abundance of Defence. 

My best buddy is a Winger so I tend to hear alot about it. Nyquist hasn't panned out the way he was projected too. A lot of people thought he was going to be a top line winger but hes projecting more like a solid 2nd now. With all the young guys like Larkin, and Mantha being injected into the line up, and Tatar and Abdelkader  solid options for the top 6 he could become more expendable. Question is if they get Stammer or not.

20 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is definitely a better option. If we are supposed to have a drafting GM then better to keep picks.

At first I was totally going to agree this would be a good option to explore.

But really, besides Hutton, who is going to score from our back end?  Our d was horrible last year in scoring, and Hutton cannot do it all alone.  In a couple of years we might be ok with Juolevi and Stecher, but even then there are no guarantees.

If anything, I'd like to get rid of Sbisa to bring Hamhuis back.  And I doubt they'd want him.  Still think Edmonton would be our best bet there.

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

At first I was totally going to agree this would be a good option to explore.

But really, besides Hutton, who is going to score from our back end?  Our d was horrible last year in scoring, and Hutton cannot do it all alone.  In a couple of years we might be ok with Juolevi and Stecher, but even then there are no guarantees.

If anything, I'd like to get rid of Sbisa to bring Hamhuis back.  And I doubt they'd want him.  Still think Edmonton would be our best bet there.

to DET: Edler (30) + Sbisa

Resign Hamhuis and if needed sign Russel or Schenn for bottom pair

4 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

to DET: Edler (30) + Sbisa

Resign Hamhuis and if needed sign Russel or Schenn for bottom pair

Doesn't really help our back end scoring... but Nyquist would be a decent acquisition for the 2nd line at least.  Not sure Detroit gives him up; though you gotta give to get I suppose.

This does nothing for Detroit's cap situation though.  They are looking for a couple of talented forwards as well. (Or, at least one, as they are making a run at signing Stamkos). 

On 6/27/2016 at 11:58 AM, Seven pounds soft said:

Alex Edler + 2017 2nd round pick 

for

Gustav Nyquist  + 2017 1st round pick

Its simple. The red wings need defence and we need scoring. Alex Edler would be slotted in as their best Dman right off the bat. Since the ufa defence market is very thin this trade makes a lot of sense. Let them overpay for free agent scoring. 

Re - sign Dan Hamhuis. 4 years 4 million aav. 

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Nyquist Sutter Hansen 

Baer Bo Burr

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Hamhuis Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Sbisa Trymankin 

Pedan Biega

Markstrom

Miller 

In the light of the Taylor H for Larsson A - I say that JB could potentially trade Edler for Nyquist. BUT the 1st issue here is Detroit willing to part with someone like Nyquist for someone like Edler. Then the 2nd issue is Edler willing to be traded to Detroit?

It would be interesting to see what players and prospects could be gotten to the teams that Edler would agree to be traded.

8 minutes ago, 1994_fan said:

In the light of the Taylor H for Larsson A - I say that JB could potentially trade Edler for Nyquist. BUT the 1st issue here is Detroit willing to part with someone like Nyquist for someone like Edler. Then the 2nd issue is Edler willing to be traded to Detroit?

It would be interesting to see what players and prospects could be gotten to the teams that Edler would agree to be traded.

I believe anyone with a NTC needs to supply the management with a team list of some sort every quarter. Things can change and need assurance that to support that change the players and the teams will both be looked after.

3 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

I believe anyone with a NTC needs to supply the management with a team list of some sort every quarter. Things can change and need assurance that to support that change the players and the teams will both be looked after.

Thanks for the info Ojibwa72... so is there a know list?

Archived