The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

13 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i still don't really know what the CP does. i mean, my Gengar got a massive CP boost too (from like 1400 to 1900), but his HP and damage more or less stays the same? what's the point in giving them a higher CP if it doesnt really do anything? maybe the HP did improve and i just dont notice

anyway, just to confirm: the xp/stardust applies to canadians too?

its set for the 23rd midnight UTC, so i would assume its available everywhere the game has access to. their own blog doesnt specify that, but we had the halloween event just like everyone else, so its safe to assume its also in canada

heres a note from their thing regarding cp and the event

Trainers,

We have made adjustments to the CP (Combat Power) of various Pokémon. Some Pokémon, such as Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar will have their CP increased. Others will have their CP lowered. These changes will allow a more balanced and competitive battling and training experience in Gyms. We will continue to adjust the CP going forward to improve the game balance when necessary.

Trainers,

It has been an incredible experience since we launched Pokémon GO a few short months ago in July. We are passionate about creating experiences that encourage exploration and promote exercise. We are humbled that hundreds of millions of you around the world have joined us on this journey. So we would like to say thank you - and what better way to say thank you than to celebrate our community.

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1

god, yesterday before I found out about the event I used a lucky egg and was grinding out the rest of level 25 or 26 or whatever it was.

just reading now that if you use lucky egg this week it'll be 4x the XP. argh, I should have waited just one day.

I'm kinda pissed that I spent a lot of my stardust on powering up my Victreebels and Wigglytuffs only to find out the CPs got deducted by a bunch. I can at least recoup the stardust through the 2x event but still.. Grinding and powering them up took a long time..

People are now reporting Ditto is catchable too

finally caught my first Snorlax. or hatched it, rather. after a few power-ups he's sitting at 2306 cp. zen headbutt 12 damage, hyperbeam at 120. i think he has something like 230 HP and a Wonder ranking.

prettttttttttttttty happy about that

• 4 weeks later...

anyone found much time/energy to play throughout the winter events?

i havent been playing as much because i've been stuck at work, stuck with family, or just stuck inside because its cold, but i've managed to hatch 2 Cleffas, 2 Igglybuffs, and 1Elekid

Plus, with this starter event, I've finally been able to get a Charizard, and I'm just 15 candies away from Venusaur. can't believe how long that has taken me, but yeah.

got lucky the other day and found my first Porygon (1028cp) as well

It's treacherous walking about with people not shoveling their walks. Still playing and getting my daily incubator but no luck on hatching any of the new gen 2s. Caught a venosaur a couple of days ago. Still no charizard or even charmeleon though. Has anyone even seen a chansey or tangela? I have never seen one..

5 minutes ago, Mainly Mattias said:

It's treacherous walking about with people not shoveling their walks. Still playing and getting my daily incubator but no luck on hatching any of the new gen 2s. Caught a venosaur a couple of days ago. Still no charizard or even charmeleon though. Has anyone even seen a chansey or tangela? I have never seen one..

whaaaat? never seen a Tangela? I've hatched like 15 of them. I've only seen Chansey on a few gyms, but never seen one in the 'wild' before.

I spent all of my ultra balls and a handful of blue ones on a Dragonair today. It's CP is like 1250 or something, so I was really excited.. but nope, turns out to have a low as hell IV. what a waste

1 minute ago, GLASSJAW said:

whaaaat? never seen a Tangela? I've hatched like 15 of them. I've only seen Chansey on a few gyms, but never seen one in the 'wild' before.

I spent all of my ultra balls and a handful of blue ones on a Dragonair today. It's CP is like 1250 or something, so I was really excited.. but nope, turns out to have a low as hell IV. what a waste

NEVER. HAVE. SEEN. A. TANGELA.

How can you have hatched 15 of them?! I feel gypped. Do they come from 10k eggs? 5?

I've been using up ultra balls on starters and I still haven't caught many. <_<

4 minutes ago, Mainly Mattias said:

NEVER. HAVE. SEEN. A. TANGELA.

How can you have hatched 15 of them?! I feel gypped. Do they come from 10k eggs? 5?

I've been using up ultra balls on starters and I still haven't caught many. <_<

Okay, maybe not 15. Probably more like 5-7, and they all came in 5km eggs. 

Where do you live that you aren't finding starters everywhere? I caught so many this week, but they're all junk except maybe 1 or 2

10 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Okay, maybe not 15. Probably more like 5-7, and they all came in 5km eggs. 

Where do you live that you aren't finding starters everywhere? I caught so many this week, but they're all junk except maybe 1 or 2

Hmm.. ok. That's still a lot. 5k. All the eggs I'm getting are 5k so maybe eventually..

And yes, there are starters everywhere but they're too far away to walk to with the ice rink roads around me in hilly Vancouver. No one shovels their walks!

Hatched a pichu and cleffa so far. Been hoarding up all the free incubators until more gen 2 are released or another event. Baby Pokemon r really useless, crap in gym and u only need one for the pokedex anyways