The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

i still play, and still enjoy it. just got a 10k egg yesterday and it made my day. it's hard to imagine not playing, actually, as i walk so much. but still, the game is definitely dying. the hottest spots in victoria now have like 2 or 3 people at them, at most. used to be 10-25 at any given time.

Add that plus people are back in school and work as well. Majority of players were definitely teenagers and people in the early 20s in university.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Add that plus people are back in school and work as well. Majority of players were definitely teenagers and people in the early 20s in university.

yes, all true. I work on weekends so those spots could all be swarming when school is out, for all i know. 

28 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i wonder if they are cycling/changings nests as a weekly thing now. i sure hope so, that last change was brutal for me. 

I was planning on going again this weekend for more Charmanders (since the rain cut my day short) but I guess not. I guess Psyduck isn't too bad.. I'm close having enough to evolve to a Golduck so I can definitely get enough candies for that within an hour or so.

30 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i wonder if they are cycling/changings nests as a weekly thing now. i sure hope so, that last change was brutal for me. 

Yeah I've been getting a lot of garbage pokemon lately too. My place no longer nests eevee and pikachu which sucks

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like walking your favoured Pokemon has decreased significantly, too? Walking my Squirtle is now only .75km/candy rather than the usual 3. 

2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I always wonder how so many people have Dragonites.

There are like 4 gyms in my neighbourhood... all level 10 with like 8/10 of each gym being 2700+ Dragonites, the odd few being Lapras and Snorelax.  

My 1400CP guys doesn't stand any chance.... <_<

Dunno dude, I'm level 26 and I still don't have a Dragonite, nor have I even seen one outside of a gym. 

I did just hatch a Lapras, though, and it was a "wonder" and is currently sitting at 1920cp, with a strong moveset. By far my best pokemon, and a total beast at gyms. 

On 10/26/2016 at 11:30 AM, Lancaster said:

I always wonder how so many people have Dragonites.

There are like 4 gyms in my neighbourhood... all level 10 with like 8/10 of each gym being 2700+ Dragonites, the odd few being Lapras and Snorelax.  

My 1400CP guys doesn't stand any chance.... <_<

We can if we work together!

On 10/26/2016 at 1:54 PM, GLASSJAW said:

Seems like walking your favoured Pokemon has decreased significantly, too? Walking my Squirtle is now only .75km/candy rather than the usual 3. 

Dunno dude, I'm level 26 and I still don't have a Dragonite, nor have I even seen one outside of a gym. 

I did just hatch a Lapras, though, and it was a "wonder" and is currently sitting at 1920cp, with a strong moveset. By far my best pokemon, and a total beast at gyms. 

Now that FPM is back, I was able to catch my first Dragonite today. My first one at 1558 CP ran after one berry and ultra ball.. But the second one I caught was 428 CP. Terrible IV but whatever. I'm all for filling up the Pokedex now. I'm close to getting it filled and of course, the last ones I need just had to be the hardest ones to get.

that recent balance patch sure was, uh, interesting. really lowered the CP of some of my pokemon, while raising others. my Gyrados went from like 1700cp to 2100 or something. 

anyway, had data issues so i havent been playing much. but there's a massive double xp event coming up for thanksgiving - i hope it applies to canadians too?

13 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

that recent balance patch sure was, uh, interesting. really lowered the CP of some of my pokemon, while raising others. my Gyrados went from like 1700cp to 2100 or something. 

anyway, had data issues so i havent been playing much. but there's a massive double xp event coming up for thanksgiving - i hope it applies to canadians too?

double exp/star dust tomorrow, supposedly

now that you mention it, omg my gyaradaos jumped from 2000-something to 2500 XD, my rhydon, which was 1400 is 2162 and my vaporeon, which was 2100, jumped to 2443

actually a LOT of my guys jumpe way up. my 1400 gengar is 1799, my 11 kingler is 1841, but my 1800 victreebel fell from 1800 to 1572. weirdd

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

double exp/star dust tomorrow, supposedly

now that you mention it, omg my gyaradaos jumped from 2000-something to 2500 XD, my rhydon, which was 1400 is 2162 and my vaporeon, which was 2100, jumped to 2443

actually a LOT of my guys jumpe way up. my 1400 gengar is 1799, my 11 kingler is 1841, but my 1800 victreebel fell from 1800 to 1572. weirdd

i still don't really know what the CP does. i mean, my Gengar got a massive CP boost too (from like 1400 to 1900), but his HP and damage more or less stays the same? what's the point in giving them a higher CP if it doesnt really do anything? maybe the HP did improve and i just dont notice

anyway, just to confirm: the xp/stardust applies to canadians too?