The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils re-sign F Kyle Palmieri [5 year x $4.65M AAV]

8 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Greene or Larsson, either one they lost a key part of their already horrible D. Not to mention Schlemko who led the D in PP time.

Not to mention, do the Devils even have 6 defenseman when healthy? lol 

Yea it's not pretty.

Wonder if they'd be a good trading partner for Sbisa. Get them to trade us a prospect like Santini, then we can sign Russell for cheap to play on our bottom pair.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea it's not pretty.

Wonder if they'd be a good trading partner for Sbisa. Get them to trade us a prospect like Santini, then we can sign Russell for cheap to play on our bottom pair.

I'm thinking Santini is the next one to get a roster spot for the Devs, especially (as above) if Merril is injured to start the year. Even another D wouldn't completely fill the gap if that's the case. 

I think Sbisa to the Devils would have some merit though. 

Maybe Sbisa for a 3rd next year. 

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I'm thinking Santini is the next one to get a roster spot for the Devs, especially (as above) if Merril is injured to start the year. Even another D wouldn't completely fill the gap if that's the case. 

I think Sbisa to the Devils would have some merit though. 

Maybe Sbisa for a 3rd next year. 

I'd prefer a prospect coming back, but if they're clearing cap space for another signing it makes sense.

I still think somethings gotta give with Sbisa though. If they plan on Larsen being our powerplay guy then he has to be in the lineup. That would mean one of Sbisa or Tryamkin would have to sit. I don't see either one of those scenarios happening.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I'd prefer a prospect coming back, but if they're clearing cap space for another signing it makes sense.

I still think somethings gotta give with Sbisa though. If they plan on Larsen being our powerplay guy then he has to be in the lineup. That would mean one of Sbisa or Tryamkin would have to sit. I don't see either one of those scenarios happening.

Yeah, I mean I could see Tryamkin as an Andrew Alberts type 7th defenseman but the just enhances the chance that he walks away ASAP.

Can't really think of any Devils prospects that would be a good fit outside of Santini or who isn't fair value-wise. Maybe Blake Speers...? I don't think they'd move Joey Anderson for Sbisa even, IMO though. 

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Yeah, I mean I could see Tryamkin as an Andrew Alberts type 7th defenseman but the just enhances the chance that he walks away ASAP.

Can't really think of any Devils prospects that would be a good fit outside of Santini or who isn't fair value-wise. Maybe Blake Speers...? I don't think they'd move Joey Anderson for Sbisa even, IMO though. 

I think Tryamkin has too much potential to waste as a 7th guy, not for the sake of having Philip Larsen in the lineup. And like you said, if he gets that treatment he's out of here.

Even if we have to add a young forward with Sbisa I think it would definitely be worth it to get Santini. That guy was a great leader for BC.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think Tryamkin has too much potential to waste as a 7th guy, not for the sake of having Philip Larsen in the lineup. And like you said, if he gets that treatment he's out of here.

Even if we have to add a young forward with Sbisa I think it would definitely be worth it to get Santini. That guy was a great leader for BC.

Santini would be great, especially since he's played with Demko dating back 4 years, before their BC days. I just don't see NJD making another hole to trade for Sbisa.

From a NJD perspective, they have the cap space to overpay for Russell/other FA as well and keep Santini, and then have 7 defensemen to start the year. 

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Santina would be great, especially since he's played with Demko dating back 4 years, before their BC days. I just don't see NJD making another hole to trade for Sbisa.

From a NJD perspective, they have the cap space to overpay for Russell/other FA as well and keep Santini, and then have 7 defensemen to start the year. 

Yea probably a little too hopeful.

Maybe we can catch them off guard while they're still high from stealing Hall from the Oilers though.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yea probably a little too hopeful.

Maybe we can catch them off guard while they're still high from stealing Hall from the Oilers though.

LOL. 

On this note though, Shero has been OK with trading picks for young players to speed up the rebuild and fill holes (see: Bennett, Palmeiri, O'Neill) in about 1/2 his trades as GM.

Sbisa is only 26, and a former teammate of Palmeiri and Smith-Pelly...not a horrible contract, despite what CDC thinks.

You never know. 

Archived