The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: La Casa Del Horror

Rate this topic

Zfetch

3 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

The way I see it, he's trying to say that GFY is less towny because he's been slanking which is just a lazy read.

I agree, JJ is playing lazily. Don't know if that necessarily condemns him just yet, but he's clearly not properly scumhunting - he's just coasting by on his vote tracking (an old trick I used to do) and occasional lists.

I think we have to assume with Kryten that the Mafia KPstigated him and found him to be Special. With MH...I guess they thought he was hiding something? Or he too was investigated? I don't think they would have killed him just for being annoying - that works to their favour.

But they clearly forgot about Virt as well, otherwise they would have let him be lynched and killed someone else.

But I also find it weird they got a kill in on him early enough to go through before the round 'ended'. Usually the Mafia teams I'm on wait till later in the round to make a decision.

Ugh. I hate this. I just want to look at behaviour and tone and normal things like that.

5 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I think we have to assume with Kryten that the Mafia KPstigated him and found him to be Special. With MH...I guess they thought he was hiding something? Or he too was investigated? I don't think they would have killed him just for being annoying - that works to their favour.

But they clearly forgot about Virt as well, otherwise they would have let him be lynched and killed someone else.

But I also find it weird they got a kill in on him early enough to go through before the round 'ended'. Usually the Mafia teams I'm on wait till later in the round to make a decision.

Ugh. I hate this. I just want to look at behaviour and tone and normal things like that.

what ?

7 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

How do you know it also moved the action deadline back?

6 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I didn't realise only the lynch was affected.

But the Mafia still clearly forgot about the early lynch as well, otherwise they wouldn't have targeted MH.

I don't think you can say that with such certainty.

The only people who could possibly know if it pushed the action deadline back or not would be the Mafia and the Vig, right?

Someone should read Virt's posts again.

I didn't realise only the lynch was affected.

But the Mafia still clearly forgot about the early lynch as well, otherwise they wouldn't have targeted MH.

ohhh

"otherwise they would have let him be lynched and killed someone else. " him being MH, I thought you meant Virt...

7 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I don't think you can say that with such certainty.

The only people who could possibly know if it pushed the action deadline back or not would be the Mafia and the Vig, right?

Someone should read Virt's posts again.

I agree that the action deadline wasn't pushed up. What I meant was that the Mafia, at the end of the round, chose MH to kill, and therefore had no idea he was going to be lynched, so they weren't paying attention either.

It's kind of a moot point now, other than understanding the Mafia are potatoes like the rest of us.

So the question now is: why MH? Why not any of the roleclaims (again)? Because he was KP investigated? Because they suspected he was hiding something?

8 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

I agree that the action deadline wasn't pushed up. What I meant was that the Mafia, at the end of the round, chose MH to kill, and therefore had no idea he was going to be lynched, so they weren't paying attention either.

It's kind of a moot point now, other than understanding the Mafia are potatoes like the rest of us.

So the question now is: why MH? Why not any of the roleclaims (again)? Because he was KP investigated? Because they suspected he was hiding something?

Maybe they're mocking us?

KH is obviously scum though, his whole "lynch me for the good of the town" thing was awful

My brain is way too tired to examine the Aladeen/KH/GFY dynamics. I'll come back to them in the morning/afternoon/whenever I get the chance but I've been staring at my laptop screen for a solid hour plus and just drawing blanks on that area. Right now, just on suspects:

JL - because why is he still alive? On top of everything already mentioned about him, he didn't form any singular opinions/reads on the situations that unfolded.

AV-for being the biggest bandwagon this game and literally voting for anyone that has received the bulk of suspicion at any point.

Falcon-for previous reasons

Aladeen/KH-the situation needs to resolved sooner rather than later.

ilduce - previous reasons

Dral - previous reasons

JL-because why is he still alive again?

Vote JL

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Do you honestly think these two are part of a scum team? There was no reason for 112 to twice call out Aladeen the way she did.

Duce was also pretty insistent on JL at one point, and JL wasn't a random throwaway vote considering a few people were voting for him.

So you seem to be throwing a few names at us without actually thinking it through.

I can't speak for JJ, but I outlined my reasons for both here:

8 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Vote JL

Besides being a scum read for the most of the game, I think if JL flips, it will give us a golden opportunity for a 2 for 1, with him potentially flipping mafia being the final nail in ilduce's coffin. I think after an extremely sketchy and unhelpful 1st round that saw him come 2nd in the lynch, duce is trying to build up TP cred by potentially voting for a member of his own mafia team that looks like he is going down. Unfortunately for him, I find his 2nd round somehow even more sketchy than his 1st, as JL was never mentioned by him at all in the 1st round, he thinks MH should be a vig target for possibly being an anti town TP (which is even more anti towny for the record), and he recommends slankers as vig targets tonight instead of his actual suspects. Oh, and I also noticed that he liked JL's post when he commented that Aladeen's crayons looked like dicks, which was way before the JL train got rolling. Perfect timing for a blend vote that would look good on him whether or not JL was lynched or not, and whether or not he even keeps his vote on JL.

18 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

KH is obviously scum though, his whole "lynch me for the good of the town" thing was awful

I don't disagree. A TP's secondary objective (after finding Mafia) is to not let a TP die. If KH is TP, he knows he is, and therefore should've argued to keep himself alive. He capitulated too quickly.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

JL - because why is he still alive? On top of everything already mentioned about him, he didn't form any singular opinions/reads on the situations that unfolded.

Rhetorical question? He's alive because something bigger came along and distracted us. Also he implied he had a role but never came out completely with it because of GFY.

Tinfoil idea: JL is an important mafia role, and scum!GFY's 'Doc' claim was designed to confuse us and possibly sacrifice himself (vanilla scum) to keep JL alive longer. That would require Aladeen to also be scum, of course. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

AV-for being the biggest bandwagon this game and literally voting for anyone that has received the bulk of suspicion at any point.

And yet the player whose vote ended up on both lynch candidates? One one two. But, well, the MH one was kind of unusual, so that's not exactly damning evidence yet.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I can't speak for JJ, but I outlined my reasons for both here:

So you're saying duce and JL are scummates? Hmm. Possible, I guess, but I don't find much of your evidence there particularly damning. I mean, ilduce not mentioning JL in R1 means nothing - players are allowed to change their mind. And there's nothing wrong with +1ing a post when it was funny; I'm pretty sure I +1ed at least one of JL's posts this game, and I've been on his case the entire time. And why would duce suggest MH as a Vig target if he knew the Mafia were going to kill MH already?

I won't discount the idea, but I don't see as strong a tie as you seem to.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Rhetorical question? He's alive because something bigger came along and distracted us. Also he implied he had a role but never came out completely with it because of GFY.

Tinfoil idea: JL is an important mafia role, and scum!GFY's 'Doc' claim was designed to confuse us and possibly sacrifice himself (vanilla scum) to keep JL alive longer. That would require Aladeen to also be scum, of course. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Obviously intentional rhetorical. The implication was that JL has been a scum read for some, yet has gone unscathed. But yes, obviously the drama that unfolded deserved the bulk of attention at the time.

4 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

And yet the player whose vote ended up on both lynch candidates? One one two. But, well, the MH one was kind of unusual, so that's not exactly damning evidence yet.

I don't follow. What is the relation between my post and your response? 112 is more scummy than AV?

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't follow. What is the relation between my post and your response? 112 is more scummy than AV?

You were on AV's case for hopping on wagons. But 112 is the only one to have voted out two TP so far. (But, as I noted, the second time was an unusual scenario, so it's not exactly damning yet.)

You were on AV's case for hopping on wagons. But 112 is the only one to have voted out two TP so far. (But, as I noted, the second time was an unusual scenario, so it's not exactly damning yet.)

It says she voted for Virt in Round 1 and Virt ended up being 3P. Are you counting him as TP?