The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - MTL

Noble 6

Why, at the trade deadline? D-men are a hot item at TDL day. GM's overpay at will to bolster there line up for the playoff push. Montreal is a team that may want to make some moves at the TDL. If there is a time of year when payment doesn't always equal value, it's TDL day. 

Im not saying I'd make the deal. I'm not saying JB would be looking to make the deal. And I'm not saying that Montreal will be banging down the Canucks door ready to sell the farm to get Edler. But if there are few D-men available at the TDL and Edler is available at that time, then this payment may be what it takes. 

Does that help?

3 hours ago, John McClane said:

Why, at the trade deadline? D-men are a hot item at TDL day. GM's overpay at will to bolster there line up for the playoff push. Montreal is a team that may want to make some moves at the TDL. If there is a time of year when payment doesn't always equal value, it's TDL day. 

Im not saying I'd make the deal. I'm not saying JB would be looking to make the deal. And I'm not saying that Montreal will be banging down the Canucks door ready to sell the farm to get Edler. But if there are few D-men available at the TDL and Edler is available at that time, then this payment may be what it takes. 

Does that help?

Not at all.  If your argument is that Montreal would pay a premium to bolster their defence at the deadline, why are they trading away arguably the better defenceman in the deal?  

9 hours ago, John McClane said:

Who is the better D man? The vet who has struggled to stay healthy the last five years and who is nearing the end of his career or the prospect who has never played a shift in the NHL?

Might want to check out which defenceman has struggled to stay healthy since the lock-out, It's edler, Markov has missed a total of 2 games over the last 3 seasons. 

1 hour ago, John McClane said:

I'm just glad u are a huge Markov fan. I know I was 5 years ago. Something we had in common.

That's right, just keep deflecting away from the fact that your "trade deadline" move logic is flawed.  A team loading up for a run doesn't trade one top 4 defenceman for another and pay a premium of a 9th overall pick to do it.  especially when you can argue that the trade doesn't even make them better in the short run.

Not trying to deflect. Just trying to end a pointless discussion, gentlemanly. You have your opinion. Which I have never disagreed with. And I had my opinion. Which I posted to join in the conversation. So many people in this forum seem hell bent on attacking other instead of just adding there opinion to invoke discussion from other points of view. I'm no authority in the hockey world, and as far as I know, no one recognizes you as an authority ether. 

I like reading people's proposals. If I can make a positive comment on there proposal, I will.

you see Markov as a top 4. That's cool. 

I don't. I think he is nearing his end and would thrive in a number 5 or 6 slot. 

You think Edler is a step down from Markov. That's cool. 

I think playing in a number 3 or 4 spot under the shadow of a Weber could help Edler. 

Do you believe this exact trade could happen? No!

Do I believe this exact trade could happen? Probably not!

Is there a team out there that values an Edler more than a Markov? Maybe? Is that team Montreal? Who knows? 

I thought this was supposed to be a fun forum.

But I guess for every person who is having fun there is a quijibo. Although I would have expected a Simpsons fan to be a little more relaxed and a little less critical.

Archived