The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Pat-cast - is ready for training camp (Province Podcast)

Rush17

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

1040 sucks.

Well go listen to NHL on Sirrius then.....

I do tend to agree with you tho. How Pratt has a job is mind-numbing to say the least.

I don't mind Bro Jake because he wasn't brought in to be the actual smart guy of the 2 hosts. He is the rah-rah guy and I'm ok with that. If you paired Bro Jake with an actual intellectual sports guy, the quality if the show would go up....imo

Sekeres/Price is ok....ya Sekeres' voice is annoying but atleast he somewhat knows his sports.

Taylor/Bmac are great as they don't sugar coat things or see things with rose coloured glasses.

Moj can go to the unemployment line with Pratt.....remember when they both had a show together on another station? Mojo Radio?

4 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well go listen to NHL on Sirrius then.....

I do tend to agree with you tho. How Pratt has a job is mind-numbing to say the least.

I don't mind Bro Jake because he wasn't brought in to be the actual smart guy of the 2 hosts. He is the rah-rah guy and I'm ok with that. If you paired Bro Jake with an actual intellectual sports guy, the quality if the show would go up....imo

Sekeres/Price is ok....ya Sekeres' voice is annoying but atleast he somewhat knows his sports.

Taylor/Bmac are great as they don't sugar coat things or see things with rose coloured glasses.

Moj can go to the unemployment line with Pratt.....remember when they both had a show together on another station? Mojo Radio?

I don't mind BMac, Taylor or Ferraro, but can't stand Sekeres' whiny, nasally voice and his holier than thou attitude. I'd like to throat punch his trachea, hard.

Pratt is making a living being the contrarian - can't stand him. 

Moj should stick to falling down on the sidelines at CFL games.

I was stoked about 1040 when it was announced and tuned into day one with Billy Courage, Mcgooch etc. It's gone downhill since.

I don't get all the hate for 1040 on here. I think it's great (minus the morning show). But the afternoon show with Sekares and Price is top notch. Great guests. They take a few callers. They're always open to good debate and discussions and they do it in a clever/witty/friendly type of way. They're knowledgable about multiple sporting leagues including lesser Canadian leagues like the CIS. I think people need to be more realistic to what their options are out there. I even recall LeBrun giving them praise one day saying their show was his favourite and how good of a job he thought they always do. Not an easy gig and they tend to do it very well and seamlessly IMO. 

If I had one major gripe with 1040 though it would be that I wish they would take more callers. Maybe dedicate an hour a show for calls or bring back a show after BMac, Donny and the Moj for say two hours of taking calls from local fans to dissect/discuss/BS what's going on in the sports world. 

Archived