The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone ever been rear-ended?

CanuckNut4Life

10 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

This is what I've been trying to tell you know it all's. Just because you're the driver in front, it doesn't absolve you from any and all blame  and leave you in the clear so long as you're the one who got rear ended. 

The reason the general rule is it's always the rear enders fault is because it forces people to drive defensively and take responsibility for people in front of them. What it doesn't do is allow you to stop your vehicle or make bone headed decisions where and where ever you want  and in whatever weather and then protect you from the consequences. 

I hope I never end up driving behind the either of you 

You don't believe you're responsible for avoiding a collision with the person in front of you while driving? 

16 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

You don't believe you're responsible for avoiding a collision with the person in front of you while driving? 

Did you not read what I said? I'm 100% responsible if there was a chance to avoid it. But if there's someone at a dead stop in the middle of the road when there's snow on the ground and I can't stop? How is that my fault? Both parties share blame. You're suppose to pull over to the side of the road to stop 

13 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Did you not read what I said? I'm 100% responsible if there was a chance to avoid it. But if there's someone at a dead stop in the middle of the road when there's snow on the ground and I can't stop? How is that my fault? Both parties share blame. You're suppose to pull over to the side of the road to stop 

It is your fault because you didn't leave enough room or reduce your speed enough to give yourself time to stop.- Not sure how many times this will be explained to you before you get it.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

It is your fault because you didn't leave enough room or reduce your speed enough to give yourself time to stop.- Not sure how many times this will be explained to you before you get it.

Did you read what the ICBC lawyer wrote a few posts back?? I think he knows more then both of us and he said it doesn't always matter. Come back and talk to me after a few years in law school smarty pants and maybe I'll listen. Till then, there's someone here a lot more credible then you.l

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

According to the OP this was certainly avoidable. 

Regardless of whether or not there's snow, there's a minimum safe distance between moving vehicles. Specifically leaving enough room to stop safely. Also, according to the OP, he slowed, stopped and put on his four ways (indicating a road hazard). 

Not really sure what more you're asking for. 

8 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

According to the OP this was certainly avoidable. 

Regardless of whether or not there's snow, there's a minimum safe distance between moving vehicles. Specifically leaving enough room to stop safely. Also, according to the OP, he slowed, stopped and put on his four ways (indicating a road hazard). 

Not really sure what more you're asking for. 

Because OP is DEFINITELY in no way biased..... 

A couple times. 

First time was back in 05, it was raining and the roads were a little slick.  I braked a little harder than normal as an elderly lady was in front of me trying to turn onto another road.  Then all of a sudden I heard a loud bang and the other vehicle's hood was bent up.  I checked my bumper but only found a tear to it.

The second time was back in 09 when I was traveling on a secondary road and someone drove a little too fast and hit me from behind. (Roads were completely dry) 

Archived