The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Biggest Mistake

Johnny Torts

What if there is some kind of collusion between Benning and Desjardins.....a nefarious conspiracy if you will.  Trying to win just enough games to appear as if we aren't deliberately tanking....but not enough to take us out of the top 5 draft pick range by the end of the season...  To give hope to the average fans, yet still draft high without being as genuinely deliberate at purposely losing as some teams have been over the years.  And what if there are bonuses tied to it, like you get a free car if you manage to piss off both the pro-tank movement, and the try be competitive movement....

Really, if Desjardins was not listening to management, he'd be fired.  I mean, if I was the boss, and told Willie to play Larsen....he'd just have to figure out how to use him.  I wouldn't be doing him any favours, but he better do what he was told...

As for why we're running weird line combos that don't seem to be about winning...  Maybe winning isn't really the point at the moment.   Maybe, just maybe, we're about looking at the players we have, giving them good long looks, and trying to see what we have.   Isn't like we're trying to win the cup.  We could just be auditioning for the master plan of being in the race 3 years from now when some of the other teams have to start rebuilding and the Oilers can't afford to play anyone with McDavid anymore.

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Ever think maybe Eriksson wasn't signed to purely play with the Sedins? You ever think maybe it's more beneficial to have a heart and soul guy with playoff experience  help usher in our next generation of young guys? Burr, Bo, Baer have played pretty good hockey together. Food for thought.

Heart and soul guy???? are you serious? you ever watch him play? LMAO

Archived