The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks trip package suggestion

Rush17

In order to see a canucks game coming from the island...  you need to pay for transportation over, food, tickets, then q hotel.  coming over for a game is insanely pricey.  it can easily run you over 500 if not more for 2.  

i know there is a harbour plane package with hotel and tickets. but for those who do not feel comfortable flying on small planes. they should setup a charter bus for a game or 2 a week. let us get equally affordable transport and hotel.  

living in Vancouver would be so much easier. but we have lives over here.  its difficult to catch games due to the cost of it all.  i see the $44 ticket ads and i just wish it was that affordable.

does anyone know of a charter bus package with hotel for canuck games im missing?  ugh. watching on tv is fine but i want to support the team and see our guys live. frustrating its so difficult.

For the price of a single Canucks game (including all the costs that go with it) you get get season's tickets for the Royals.

One of the problems with the charter bus concept is that you cannot make the last ferry after the game, so it has to include hotel.  I agree, it makes it an expensive proposition and I think that's what keeps a charter company from offering it.  There would be the risk that if the bus doesn't sell out, they would lose money.

54 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

For the price of a single Canucks game (including all the costs that go with it) you get get season's tickets for the Royals.

One of the problems with the charter bus concept is that you cannot make the last ferry after the game, so it has to include hotel.  I agree, it makes it an expensive proposition and I think that's what keeps a charter company from offering it.  There would be the risk that if the bus doesn't sell out, they would lose money.

Yeah that is a factor.  If they offered chartered bus discounts for a game or 2 a month it would probably do pretty decent.  But what incentive is there if its only a game or 2 a week.  It's a tricky spot for sure.  I would invest in Royal box tickets if I could.  But I'd rather watch our nux live on tv then travel down to the arena weekly.  

I feel your pain.

Gotta say though, last time I went to a game I was really disappointed by the value. After travelling from the Island to watch the nux I wanted to be loud and enjoy myself, little did I know I'd be scorned and warned for cheering too loudly and standing up too frequently.

Good times!

Edit- that being said, I'd rather spend my money locally, take in around15 Royals games, drink and eat as I want to, all for the same price as one trip to Rogers Library to watch the Canucks.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:42 PM, luckylager said:

I feel your pain.

Gotta say though, last time I went to a game I was really disappointed by the value. After travelling from the Island to watch the nux I wanted to be loud and enjoy myself, little did I know I'd be scorned and warned for cheering too loudly and standing up too frequently.

Good times!

Edit- that being said, I'd rather spend my money locally, take in around15 Royals games, drink and eat as I want to, all for the same price as one trip to Rogers Library to watch the Canucks.

That is a fair point.  Maybe one day they can cater to us.  They are really missing out on some good ticket sales.  People that I know.. the most they go is once maybe twice a year tops on a good year.  It just simply isn't viable.  The last game I went too was vs the blues in the playoffs when we had Mat Sundin playing with Kesler.  It's unfortunate its so expensive.  I want to go more but cost of living is to high in Victoria then you throw in nux tickets and its just not feasible.  Maybe the solution is to uproot and move to somewhere like Hope lol.  Not sure what job prospects are like that side though. Then you have to leave your family behind. not really that ideal.

Archived