The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser had a fan waiting for him at hotel......at 12:45 am

Adarsh Sant

31 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Agreed.  I also find it strange when a grown man has a jersey with another man's name on it.  I think that women and males younger than the players can have favourite players and wear their names and numbers.  When a 50 year old is wearing a Boeser jersey it seems weird.  A 50 year old with a player from his era, that's different.

Going to a hockey game must be really uncomfortable for you then hey? This thread is littered with some funny pet peeves. 

32 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Agreed.  I also find it strange when a grown man has a jersey with another man's name on it.  I think that women and males younger than the players can have favourite players and wear their names and numbers.  When a 50 year old is wearing a Boeser jersey it seems weird.  A 50 year old with a player from his era, that's different.

we're on the same page there. i bought my last jersey with a name on it as a 21 year old in early 2008 when it was clear that it would be my last opportunity to buy a linden jersey, who had been my favourite player for 15 years. I went all out and bought an authentic instead of a replica for that one. 

On 2017-10-24 at 5:06 PM, VanCityE said:

anyone here complaining has clearly never given an autograph and must be jelly

there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting autographs even at an older age

don't let these fools make you feel bad for wanting an autograph or getting one 

im 38 i ran out a fus to give a long time ago

id wait in line all day for a diaz autograph and i'm not even big on autographs , i'm jelly of a friend who got a pic an autograph from nate when he was here

id happily wait to get one from jake virtanen , id even wait for demko , today dorsett would be pretty high on my list lol not gonna lie

even if i just turf it on the shelf , meh , got out of the house, chatted some people up , met one of them , got an autograph, doesnt sound like a bad time at all

these are prolly the same people trolling girls telling them there fat 

there's always people trying to make others feel bad and make themselves better

right your so much better for not dropping to our level and waiting in some line with peasant folk to get an autograph from some human.

in fact most who got my autograph were kids but there was some adults, caregivers, literally all walks of life......

most adults just wanted the pic with team and car on it , yes 95% were kids. not like i would have laughed or turned down an adult, sorry man your too old to get my autograph dont you got a life ? really....

i was so dumbfounded they wanted mine i made them give me theres to 

we traded , another fan made a sign with my racecar number it was so cool i asked her if i could have it, and all the kids who asked for my autograph signed it for me .

well they got a big kick out of me asking them for theres also

here's a pic of a lil guy signing that sign for me

anyways its a compliment that goes both ways and a chance for the avg person to interact with someone famous or they look up to for a few seconds.

nothing wrong with it i wont let any of you all make me think its creepy or otherwise , yal need to lighten up , relax a bit

also yes first and only bewb i ever signed, she was an adult , i dont feel bad about that at all haha

IMAG0854.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0857.jpg

IMAG0858.jpg

IMAG0856.jpg

I agree, not sure why you minused me then?

I have met many NHLers over the years, especially when I was  younger. I found that half of the time I cant read them anyways. Then you lose them. Its nothing special really. Now when I meet an NHLer, I get a kick out of actually having a conversation with them. For example when I met Tyler Myers, I told him I had a friend who was 7'2 (which was true). One time I was walking downtown with my mom, I saw Danny, Beiska, Higgins, Edler, and Hodgson -there was someone else I cant remember off the top of my head,  standing outside by a the hotel (apparently they were staying in a hotel while they were at home, less distractions? ) waiting for a car or something. I walked up to them, shook all of their hands, (it was right before they played Chicago during their cup run) and I said to Danny "Kick some ass boys", and Danny said "yup". No picture, no autographs but I got a memory and I respected all of them.    They are just people. I have met actors too. David Duchovny (who I met twice, the second time I realized he didnt really like shaking hands so we hugged instead). I got pictures. Sure I got autographs, but honestly I have no idea where the autographs are... 

If I meet someone "famous" Id rather have a conversation that has nothing to do with sports or acting...they appreciate it, and if I meet them a second time, they usually remember me :D

Archived