The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - cgy van

To Calgary-Nilsson

To Vancouver-Glenn Gawdin

Top scorer in WHL as a 20 year old. Amazing leader on the Broncos. He's their best player every night. He is a 2way center. He has a good shot, good vision, great defense and throws his weight around too. 

I don't think the flames have him on a pedestal so I think he's available for the right price. They need a cheap goalie with Mikey hurt. 

It would be nice to add Gawdin he's tearing it up, but would Calgary want to add Nilsson?

They do have Rittich who has played well and Nilsson hasn't been great or anything, I feel like they would rather keep what they have.

If we added something they might bite..not sure what i would want to add but worth looking into for sure.

2 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

It would be nice to add Gawdin he's tearing it up, but would Calgary want to add Nilsson?

They do have Rittich who has played well and Nilsson hasn't been great or anything, I feel like they would rather keep what they have.

If we added something they might bite..not sure what i would want to add but worth looking into for sure.

I wonder what round of pick would get him... maybe a 3rd or 4th?

Let's face it.  Nilsson is a mediocre goalie who we got for nothing.  If we were so inclined to trade him for a player who is likely to fit our needs, I'm all for it.

The only thing is that we don't have a backup without Demko, and I DON'T want to see him rushed. If they feel he is ready then try him out and see how it goes.  We need a fallback plan in case he is overwhelmed.

Look at Gawdin's progression last season in the WHL.  I'd be more than happy to have him in our system.

Archived