The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Head trauma by Daniel carcillo

cuporbust

To all the "old school hockey " lovers out there . You don't care about the ultimate outcome of what u call real hockey is , but this guy does.  Maybe we should stop being selfish diks and realize why the league is changing 

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

I an very displeased with the making of this video.  I myself am in to my 5th year of post concussion recovery and the flashing lights and animations used in the making of this make it impossible to watch without being overstimulated.  I chose to just listen and not watch.  What the hell were they thinking?  People all over the world who have concussion issues want to watch this but can't.

Also, in regards to the OP's comments about the old school hockey lovers.  Fighting should stay apart of the game to give the players a chance to police it themselves.  The staged fights are practically gone and the reason the game is changing is because players are faster, it's not because the GM's, owners and fans want it too.  Speed kills and the big and rough guys can't produce that.

It's not just professional athletes that need help it's us regular folk too.  My life is hell and I hope we can all be treated soon

it's a really, really good segment and i agree that fighting has its place. ever since the nfl started working with chris nowinski (former wrestler who's career ended from concussions, is a doctor who specializes in brain trauma, solved the chris benoit case) is when the concussion debate exploded and it wasn't a big dirty secret anymore. the nfl cracked down on it and now more recently the nhl doubled down after their lawsuit

hockey is a beautiful but brutal sport and its not surprising that they want to keep the beauty and kinda weed out the brutality. the old school guys may never make the full transition (like a don cherry) of taking out some of the violence of the sport and keep the finesse. after the chris benoit thing i've been reading up more, and more open to brain injuries and the kind of stuff that leads people to do, to themselves or others and i'm like you and many others who want to see the next big breakthrough as medicine and technology advances in our lifetime

as for the actual video, i don't really get the visuals, there is a lot of flashing and quick transition of scenes, it's pretty chaotic... maybe thats what these people were going for

Archived