The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks displaying a model rebuild plan

Sergei Shirokov

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

This is about as face palm worthy of a post as they come. you can’t really be that dense?  How can one believe that signing a bunch of bottom 6 complimentary players is the same thing as handing out big money to key players. :picard:

To be fair... turns out Eriksson is pretty much a bottom 6 complimentary player too. :bigblush:

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

How many picks have we traded in the last two years? 2 (and one of the picks moved was to obtain 2 more picks)

How many picks did we trade in the first 3 years? 10

How many top 60 picks did canucks average in the first 3 years as apposed to the last 2 years?

....Yeah sure looks like the exact same strategy. Maybe you just need thicker glasses.  

You're wasting  your time with that one, facts don't matter to him.  Never seen him admit he's wrong in all the years I've been here.  I've found I enjoy watching the team a lot more since I stopped arguing with narcissists on CDC. 

15 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

“You can draft and wait years”.....like how we’re currently heading to year 5 of the rebuild. 

where would this teams rebuild be without granlund gudbranson and baertschi. Really important to get that. Far more important than what we gave up to hit that result. You know the 3x 2nds, 3rd, 4th, 2x 5th’s, 6th along with forsling and McCann   K

Haha….. just wow. 

Gudbranson was traded in the 15/16 season, on May 25 of 2016.  Considering that today is November of 2018, It’s quite easy to see, that the Guddy trade did not happen in the last two years, in fact it was over 30 months ago.   

Anyways here’s a free history lesson.  

Yes canucks traded Pedan and a 4th for Pouliot.  That’s one picked moved.  The other pick we moved was at the 2017 draft where Canucks traded the 4th round 112th overall pick (we obtained from the goldy deal) to Chicago, in exchange for the 135th (Kristoffer Gunnarsson) and the 185th(Petrus Palmu). That’s 2 picks we’ve dealt in the last 2 years. 

This is elementary stuff…and you wonder why I don’t want to have in discussion with you anymore,

P.S next time you might want to double check your math before you call someone dense.  When you are wrong It makes you like a complete fool, but good on ya…. It must just be destroying you inside knowing that you f’d up and there’s no way to back pedal out of it. 

Haha.  Anyways. Goodbye Frodo. 

The Guddy trade happened after the 15/16 season correct? Here's the trade tracker by applicable season:

16/17

1617.png.f216c5fa190dfd7afc6e4bf6bdce8970.png

this season 17/18

1718.thumb.png.e909d689dd06e9d94e286d31aa5fc467.png

Current season 18/19

1819.thumb.png.9286c5c03e64c9a47b398e40072e9698.png

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_season_team/Vancouver_Canucks/2016-17/1

That's what I went by.

Benning is not god at drafting  , Like some of you may think . He doesn't get it right every time but is batting above 600 . His first rounders 3 are exceptional 2 are not compared to what was on the board . His second rounders 2 out of 4 still not bad. Third round he may be 5 for 5 now that's exceptional. Out of the 19 picks left 4 may be players  still not bad . Time will tell . With some lottery help who knows where we would be . Im stocking up on rabbit feet and lucky charms for this years lottery pick.

Archived