The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Nov. 24, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep I definitely assumed they would be up there too.  My source is a few years old, an article about how much SJ travelled the year they went to the final...my bad thanks for correcting me.  SJ usually is at or near the top, looks like the Albertan teams have been getting some extra plane time too.  You’d think Vancouver would be right at the top, I was surprised at the time that they were not.

I would have agreed with you without looking up the stats. I think the addition of Vegas would definitely help reduce their travel but I would not have thought quite this much. The other thing that may sway the numbers somewhat (not unique to Cali teams) from year to year would be games scheduled for Europe. That may be what pushed Edmonton over the top this year.

In any event, Western Conference teams travel way too much.......

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

I would have agreed with you without looking up the stats. I think the addition of Vegas would definitely help reduce their travel but I would not have thought quite this much. The other thing that may sway the numbers somewhat (not unique to Cali teams) from year to year would be games scheduled for Europe. That may be what pushed Edmonton over the top this year.

In any event, Western Conference teams travel way too much.......

They sure do.  This year the top three are within a few hundred kilometres of each other, but 10,000 more than middling ones and a heck of a lot further than the lucky teams that have teams bunched close to each other.  I’m sure they travel in style, but man that must have a toll, especially for back to back games.  I can see why the conferences only play each other once in each teams building...adding Seattle should reduce things somewhat for Pacific division teams, but by addition and subtraction (ARI relocated to Quebec would be nice ).  

On 11/25/2018 at 7:37 AM, DrJockitch said:

Funny how we have come to expect this of EP after just a quarter of a season.

Great game by Jake, love the game he is developing. Makes me wonder where he plays when everyone is healthy. 

‘Nice to see the hockey Gaud get his first. I really hope he stays up for the year, but am okay if he goes down and plays big minutes in Utica. 

I am not a big fan of MDZ but he was in a nasty mood last night. He was tough on everyone, even Gaudette got a face wash after his first goal.  Very good game for him. 

‘Edler is still the key to this D. Interesting to see what happens next year. Hughes and OJ will both be looking to play on left and Hutton is establishing himself again.  We really need some more right D that can play. 

I am not counting success this year in wins and losses but in player development and things are going great. It is becoming crystal clear who is improving and part of the future and who is part of the problem. Hopefully Benning can move the correct ones on and build around the rest. 

Tryamkin will fit well on the right side...he's coming back...once he starts thinking with the big head.

Archived